We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Pinawa
Level Contributor
116 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
weather

What is the weather like in Kalaheo in early to mid April? Is there a lot of rain on this part of the island? What about wind?

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,123 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

Here is a link to weather averages on all the islands:

http://www.hawaiigaga.com/WeatherGuide.aspx

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,986 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Kaua'i has a lot of "micro-climates" - and Kalaheo, although only about 10 minutes from where I live (between Koloa and Po'ipu Beach) is one of them.....it is a generally cooler and rainier area.....I have lots of friends who live in Kalaheo and it seems that when they come to exercise class here in Po'ipu - they are always saying it was raining at home - but not here!

As far as wind, it doesn't get any more wind than we do here in Po'ipu in general - which is to say, there are times of the year (this week for instance) where it has been very windy all over the island - Kalaheo is no more or less than any (unless you are in one of the valley areas).

Kalaheo is a wonderful area to stay IMO - it is primarily residential, rather than vacation rentals and only about a 10 minute drive to the beaches here in the Po'ipu area.

But yes, they do tend to get more rain there - usually in the evenings and early mornings hours in particular.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,981 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

Kalaheo is one of my favorite areas of the island. We stay there often - really - often! It is lush and gorgeous, very scenic. Koloagirl has given you the info. It does commonly rain in the night and more often than Poipu. That is why it is so beautiful and tropical. Rain in Hawaii is not rain like we get here at home - you can actually enjoy it! And certainly enjoy the results! So not to worry.

April should be wonderful there. It is an excellent location for staying on island.

Mentioned in this post
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

When you identify a specific spot we can give you more feedback. That area is highly variable over a couple of miles. If you are inland from the main highway, it can be pretty wet at times. Other spots like around the Kukiolono golf course can be quite windy. Really depends on just where you are.

Pinawa
Level Contributor
116 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

Thank you so much for all your comments. This area sounds like a good place to keep in mind. The weather map is helpful.

In the meantime, I have seen that my rewards program is offering a good deal on a place in Wailua.

Does anybody know about the weather, and tourist activities in this area for April?

6. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2011, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Kalaheo
More Kalaheo Topics