We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manual Transmission Car in Hawaii

canada
6 posts
Manual Transmission Car in Hawaii

We will be going to Kauai-Maui-Oahu Hawaii in November. Does anyone know where to rent cars with manual transmissions(MT) on these islands. I have rented from Aloha Toy Store in the past, but only on Maui and they rent sports/exotic convertibles. I am very uncomfortable/do not like automatics. The road to Hana is a joy with a small MT car. Thanks,

LC

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
31. Re: Manual Transmission Car in Hawaii

Dave,

Yep, I am going to have to read those original posters dates.

Oh well, maybe some of the up dated info will be of help to someone who is headed over.

Mahalo

Denny

CA
1 post
1 review
32. Re: Manual Transmission Car in Hawaii

Looking for a manual transmission jeep cj or wranger etc.. for about a week maybe longer.

33. Re: Manual Transmission Car in Hawaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 February 2010, 03:50
Edited: 10 February 2010, 03:50
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,666 posts
59 reviews
34. Re: Manual Transmission Car in Hawaii

I have NO idea why TA pulled my post; it was certainly not at my request. TA, can you PM me?

What I said was that there probably is no place to rent manual cars here, at least none that I know of. I know how you feel; I prefer them, too.

You might get more answers if you make a new post, maybe on the overall Kaua`i board. This thread's pretty old.

Nyack, New York
Level Contributor
219 posts
35. Re: Manual Transmission Car in Hawaii

So what's wrong with this old thread?

It's different, interesting and thus still relevant.

I used to drive only a stick but my left knee started to bother me.

But I would enjoy renting one.

I think they may be be hard to come by in the states unless certain 4 wheel drive models are out there. The rental car car companies have to trust that American drivers as well as the others won't destroy the clutch.

I was surprised to get a convertible in Las Vegas at the end of December. At least the heat worked.

I would be curious to find out how many of the drivers local to Kauai drive a manual tranny.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,666 posts
59 reviews
36. Re: Manual Transmission Car in Hawaii

Nothing wrong with an old thread, but options may well have changed in a year and a half. Better to post a new one, IMHO.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,948 posts
1 review
37. Re: Manual Transmission Car in Hawaii

What's wrong with an old thread?

Well, when most people see a thread pop up that is from August of 2008 and has 4 pages of posts, most people aren't going to bother with it . Most would look at the date and figure it was resurrected by mistake and move on. Few would decide to read through 4 pages of old posts.

So postintg a new question on old threads is counter-productive. Folks are free to do a search for a topic and read through an old thread. That's a good way to GAIN information. But if they want to begin a new questiion on that topic, and get some responses, then it's best to start a new thread.

38. Re: Manual Transmission Car in Hawaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2010, 12:47
Get answers to your questions about Kalaheo
More Kalaheo Topics