We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaaii cruise from New York

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
48 reviews
Hawaaii cruise from New York

Has anyone taken a cruise from New York to hawaii? Can you guide on that please?

Maui
Level Contributor
71,098 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Hawaaii cruise from New York

Welcome!

You ended up on a tiny sub forum for the Island of Hawaii, but I'll try to help.

I'm not aware of any commercial cruises from NY to Hawaii. Did you find one?

Edited: 15 February 2017, 01:47
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
48,877 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Hawaaii cruise from New York

You could piece something together - in the right season. Sail to Florida, then take a cruise through the Panama Canal to California - then California to Hawaii. Very time consuming.

Is this because you like to cruise ... or want to avoid flying?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,845 posts
1,772 reviews
3. Re: Hawaaii cruise from New York

I have never heard of such, but am not into cruising.

I would look on TA's "sister site," CruiseCritic.

Good luck,

Hunt

Canada
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Hawaaii cruise from New York

A cruise from New York City (Atlantic Ocean) would have to cross to the Pacific Ocean first, through the Panama Canal or go down to South America and around.

Some cruise lines offer "world voyages", where cross-Pacific segments do include Hawaii. These cruises allow for various scenarios about where to embark and disembark, and are typically 'one-way' for the cross-Pacific segment.

Check Azamara cruise lines, Oceania, or Holland for starters. Your best bet, though, is to deal with a travel agent that specializes in cruises - as you would be looking at more of a longer-than-usual cruise.

Edited: 15 February 2017, 02:00
London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
48 reviews
5. Re: Hawaaii cruise from New York

I am exploring options.. want to take a cruise trip and people suggest not to go to Caribbeans due to the zika virus

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
48 reviews
6. Re: Hawaaii cruise from New York

@BLBL I want to take a cruise trip thats why exploring options

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
48 reviews
7. Re: Hawaaii cruise from New York

Thanks guys

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
778 posts
8. Re: Hawaaii cruise from New York

You could fly to the west coast and cruise to Hawaii from there. I know Princess sails from LA, SF, and Vancouver.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
25 reviews
9. Re: Hawaaii cruise from New York

Or fly to Honolulu and just pick up the NCL cruise ship that only sails through the islands.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
48,877 posts
19 reviews
10. Re: Hawaaii cruise from New York

Well, if you're OK with flying, look at Holland America or Princess cruises that sail between the Hawaiian Islands with a trans-Pacific leg.

But note that cruises give you little time to really see Hawaii. Princess would be your best bet, then spend extra time on one or two Islands before flying home.

Get answers to your questions about Hawi
Recent Conversations