We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wisconsin Dells in June 2019

Celina, Ohio
4 posts
1 review
Wisconsin Dells in June 2019

Arriving by train. Will I need a rental car to get around or are there shuttles, etc?

Is there any kind of trolley tour? Suggestions on the best attractions for an older female?

4 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Wisconsin Dells in June 2019

Where are you planning to stay?

The train station basically drops you off on Route 13 at the start of The Dells downtown drag (by the Showboat Saloon).

Depending on your hotel/motel, they may have a shuttle from the station.

I know the owners over at The Black Hawk will drive on over and pick their customers up if needed.

Look up Wisconsin Dells Taxi. They're a reliable service in the area. And if I'm not mistaken, most of their fleet are minivans, vans or buses, depending on the size of the party.

http://www.wisconsindellstaxi.com/

There's also the Dells Cab Company.

It's also fairly well rated and has multiple vehicle types to handle parties of various sizes.

You should be able to get Uber in the area too. I just am not too familiar with it as I don't use Uber.

If you want to move around FREELY though, a rental car would be a good idea.

The only one that shows up in the area is an Avis Car Rental (there's things like UHaul and Penske TRUCK rental, but you don't really need a box truck or a cargo van, right?).

The Avis place is about 2 miles south of the Lake Delton area (the south portion of the Dells). It's on Route 12, south of Exit 92 (the area around the Great Wolf Lodge and Kalahari Resort).

S3440 County Hwy BD, Baraboo, WI 53913

(608) 242-0429

The one caveat to this is if you're looking to just roam Downtown Wisconsin Dells. If you're in one of the hotels at the end of the Downtown drag, the actual downtown area is only a couple blocks' walk away.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Wisconsin Dells in June 2019

Also, sorry, forgot to provide the link for the Dells Cab Company.

http://dellscab.com/

Celina, Ohio
4 posts
1 review
3. Re: Wisconsin Dells in June 2019

Thanks so much for some really good info!! I appreciate it.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48 posts
52 reviews
4. Re: Wisconsin Dells in June 2019

No problem. Always glad to help a fellow Dells traveler out.

Reply to: Wisconsin Dells in June 2019
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted