We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wisconsin Dells Water parks

Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Wisconsin Dells Water parks

I'm looking into a trip to one of the water parks in Wisconsin Dells before school starts. It's very overwhelming to pick which one. What one is best for adults and teens? Youngest being 15, I don't want to mistakingly go to a " kiddie" park Also if the weather is bad what one is the best for indoor? is indoor and outdoor activities included in the price.

5 replies to this topic
Palatine, Illinois
Level Contributor
59 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wisconsin Dells Water parks

Noah's Ark is a great water park, but everything is outdoor, which means you don't have much of a safety net for the bad weather. Great Wolf is a nice indoor water park, but it is really geared for families with younger children (i.e., <10 y/o).

So, having said that, I would recommend looking into either Kalahari or the Wilderness for a group of adults/teens. Both places have a good selection of activities that would be appropriate and enjoyable for a 15+ y/o person. Plus, both places have indoor aspects for their water-parks and other activities, which means that you're covered if weather turns rainy/bad. Some of their non-water park activities do cost extra, but the water park passes (indoor and outdoor) should be included with your stay.

As for suggestions between Kalahari or the Wilderness, I tend to favor Wilderness based on personal preferences for my family (preteen kids). Wilderness has multiple 'smaller' areas spread across their resort, which spreads out the activities and by extension the crowds. You get a bit more space between everybody, but the downside is that you're walking a lot more to go from one thing to another (or potentially breaking up your group). Kalahari is fairly centrally located with their stuff, so most everything is all in one big area. However, you are much closer to everything and don't divide up your group as much when somebody wants to do something different.

Michigan
Level Contributor
43 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wisconsin Dells Water parks

Consider Chula Vista... no separate fee for water park entry and they have indoor and outdoor parks. We loved it.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
733 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wisconsin Dells Water parks

Best teen/adult parks - Noah's Ark, Wilderness & Kalahari.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
4,460 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wisconsin Dells Water parks

Noah's Ark, Wilderness, Kalahari. Chula Vista is a big step down, and part of their business is a ripoff vacation club that has been extensively documented in a long thread on this page.

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
839 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wisconsin Dells Water parks

I agree with Dr on all of his points.

We have stayed at the Wilderness the past few years, but also stayed at the Kalahari in the past. Wilderness is our preference.

Teens might like a day visit to Mt. Olympus for the roller coasters and go karts. Lines can be long, try to arrive early. Waterpark isn’t worth it. Read reviews if you are interested, so you are aware. I would not recommend staying at any of their hotels/motels.

Reply to: Wisconsin Dells Water parks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wisconsin Dells
Recent Conversations