We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas or ornament store?

L.A. 'burbs, CA
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas or ornament store?

Hi! Getting ready to head out for our vacation in a couple of months (nowhere near the Holiday season). :) One thing we always pick up when we travel is a Christmas ornament that reminds us of our trips and various travels. Are there any year-round Christmas stores or shops that carry Christmas ornaments in June?

Thanks for your help with this!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,611 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas or ornament store?

There used to be a store called "Celebrate Wisconsin", but I believe that it has closed.

I think the gift shop in the airport sells Christmas ornaments.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas or ornament store?

The airport may actually be your best bet, but also depending on what activities you have planned, there may be gift shops at the specific attractions that have sell ornaments. I'm thinking places like The Domes, the art museum (or the Public Museum), the zoo... I'll keep my eyes peeled when I'm out and about and report back if I see anything in the next couple of months.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,027 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas or ornament store?

I'm stumped on this one too. I know there is a Christmas shop (or used to be one) on Hwy 45 around Hartford, but that's 40 miles or so out of town. In addition to the places mentioned above I thought the gift shop at the Pabst Mansion might be another possibility as well as the Harley Davidson Museum. Those bikers love decorating their trees with Harley stuff.

Sounds like a business opportunity for some entrepreneur.

Edited: 04 April 2012, 20:38
L.A. 'burbs, CA
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas or ornament store?

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the thoughts. We do have plans to see the Pabst Mansion (don't tell my husband it's haunted, OK?) so maybe that will work out for us.

What we usually purchase is an ornament of the blown glass variety (like a Radko type) that is symbolic of the place. For example, we have shells from San Diego, Big Ben from London, Eiffel Tower from Paris, etc...you get the idea.

If you stumble across anything anything else in your travels and could update me I would be most appreciative. It's a fun tradition that we really appreciate at Christmas time when hauling out all the decorations and we think about all the places we have been. :)

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
926 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas or ornament store?

I know that I have seen (and purchased!!) glass Wisconsin-themed ornaments at a shop in Cedarburg, but I don't remember the name. I'll look at the Google street view to see whether I can come up with it.

In the meantime, here's a link to ALL the shopping up there, in case you want a little road trip during your visit: http://www.cedarburg.org/Shopping.asp

L.A. 'burbs, CA
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas or ornament store?

Thank you!

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,040 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas or ornament store?

this is the shop mentioned above that I was trying to recall the name of. I was thinking "Kris Kringle". Close but not quite. It's actually "Kristmas Kringle". http://www.kristmaskringle.com/ If you don't want to drive out that far, there's an online order store you could take advantage of.

L.A. 'burbs, CA
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas or ornament store?

Thank you so much. I will def order from them if I don't find what I am looking for in our travels. :)

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas or ornament store?

The Milwaukee Art Music Museum offers a couple of ornaments. …mam.org/Prod-18-1-1072-41/bMilwaukee_Art_Mu…

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
526 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas or ornament store?

I'm almost positive there's an ornament/Christmas store in Cedarburg. Even if there isn't anymore, I'm sure several of the shops up there have ornaments. Great area to spend an afternoon.