We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days/1 night in Lake Geneva with kids 10 and 7

Chicago
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
2 days/1 night in Lake Geneva with kids 10 and 7

We're thinking of planning a last minute short Spring break trip next week with kids 10 and 7. What is there to do this time of year? Thinking of looking into Grand Geneva. Any advice?

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days/1 night in Lake Geneva with kids 10 and 7

looks like they have the waterpark on site at the lodge at Grand Geneva so that should be nice.

Consider the following stops around the area:

Jelly Belly Tour (warehouse) Pleasant Prairie jellybelly.com/visit_jelly_belly/wisconsin_w…

Civil War Museum: http://www.kenosha.org/civilwar/

Burlington:

Spinning top/yo-yo/logic puzzle museum http://www.topmuseum.org/

http://www.topmuseum.org/21.html

Chocolate Museum: burlingtonchamber.org/BurlingtonAreaChambero…

www.cruiselakegeneva.com/walworthmb.php the mail boat tours would be great, they don't run till June, but a great future idea/possibility

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days/1 night in Lake Geneva with kids 10 and 7

Check the reviews; the indoor waterpark at Grand Geneva is geared for younger kids. Might not be a good choice for a 10 year old.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
507 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days/1 night in Lake Geneva with kids 10 and 7

I have to agree with RickMP, the waterpark at TimberRidge, which is a separate entity on Grand Geneva's grounds, is not a huge waterpark. It doesn't come close in size to any other waterpark. It is very much geared for young kids.

You might want to check out www.thedancinghorses.com. It is just outside of Lake Geneva on Rt. 50 west. They put on a really good show.

I don't know if it is open yet, but Lake Geneva Canopy Tours, zipline, is fun. I think you have to call for reservation 262-248-9271.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days/1 night in Lake Geneva with kids 10 and 7

I don't think a indoor waterpark needs to be huge and like Wisconsin Dells for a child that's 10 to enjoy. I consider them motels with a bonus! I know growing up all I cared about was a working pool at a motel and I was a happy camper. Ours love waterparks but they're equally satisfied with just a pool so I wouldn't discount the place based on size and offerings. Great Wolf in the Wisconsin Dells is 10 and under and that seems to be a general cut-off. For a 7 and 10 yr. old I would think if you've seen the pictures and what they have to offer and are still interested then you're good to go. It's nice to have that option of a waterpark instead of your regular motel/pool scenario. I used to be extra excited as a youngster to find a pool with one of those mini slides going into it. Indoor water fun sure has come a long way :-). Happy travels

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
433 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days/1 night in Lake Geneva with kids 10 and 7

Grand Geneva is a beautiful resort. We just returned from a great weekend. The Grand has an indoor and outdoor pool. Given the warm spring we are having, they opened the pool area. Lots of people were using the hot tub and just a few in the pool. There were lots of kids in the indoor pool. They have activities throughout the day. There is a trolley that you can take for a tour of the entire complex. There is also a separate hotel with an indoor waterpark geared towards families. Dan Patch Stables is attached to the resort grounds. Downtown Lake Geneva is a short 5 minute ride. Lots of shopping to be had!

6. Re: 2 days/1 night in Lake Geneva with kids 10 and 7

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 13:12