We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking lake resort with multiple cabins, beach

denver
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking lake resort with multiple cabins, beach

My extended family has been going to the same "resort" in northern Wisconsin for 55 years, but it is really beginning to show its age. Trying to find something similar but not as run-down. Ideally, multiple cabins, a main lodge with a bar, a beach and pier/dock. Town within half hour with things to do. Family drives from Milwaukee, Minneapolis and Chicago so somewhere reasonable for all. Thanks so much for tips!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
514 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking lake resort with multiple cabins, beach

Lake Geneva is not a place where you would find cabins and a main lodge on the beach. It is known for its private mansions lining the shore of the lake. The only resort on Geneva Lake is the Abbey Resort in Fontana. It is very nice, but does not have cabins. The only other place I could suggest checking into is Debbie's Nautical Inn, which is in downtown Lake Geneva but not on the lake. It does specialize in groups.

denver
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking lake resort with multiple cabins, beach

Thank you very much. I've never been to Lake Geneva, so wasn't aware of what kind of town it is. I will check out those suggestions, though.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
514 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking lake resort with multiple cabins, beach

Does it have to be Lake Geneva? Because in Delavan there are two places right on the Delavan Lake that are also very nice. Delavan is a short 15-minute drive west of Lake Geneva on Rt. 50. It is a much more rural area than Lake Geneva, but is close enough that you can easily drive to Lake Geneva for dining, shopping, etc. The two places in Delavan are: Lake Lawn Resort, which has rooms, condos, condo/lofts, and Delavan Lake Resort, which is a condo/suite setup. Both are right on the lake in a beautiful setting.

denver
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeking lake resort with multiple cabins, beach

No, not at all -- just somewhere that is reasonable driving distance for Chicago/Milwaukee/Minneapolis. I will check those out right now!

5. Re: Seeking lake resort with multiple cabins, beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 13:49