We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving from Lambeau to Chicago MDW after Packer-Titan game

Nashville, Tennessee
2 posts
Save Topic
driving from Lambeau to Chicago MDW after Packer-Titan game

What can I expect Driving time wise and traffic getting out of game at 3:00 p.m. for flight that leaves Midway at 9:55 p.m.? Will we make it easily, barely, or probably not at all? Have GPS!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
11,717 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving from Lambeau to Chicago MDW after Packer-Titan game

According to my schedule that would be December 23rd. If the weather is okay I think you are still cutting it close. With weather delays I can't see how you would make it. Also factor in, games seldom seem to end at 3:00, so if you stay until the end of the game you will be lucky to be on the road by 3:30.

I would estimate about 4 1/2 hours drive from Lambeau to Midway under ideal traffic conditions, with no stops. Traffic conditions will not be ideal from Green Bay to at least Milwaukee after a Packer game.

Around here no one moves during a Packer game, so there is likely to be extra traffic in Milwaukee by the time you get here after the game. People will be leaving Packer parties and doing last minute Christmas shopping, more likely after the game than during the game.

You might also check on the Chicago forum for information. There was construction on I-294 between O'Hare and Midway a few months ago when I last drove it. I have to believe Dec 23rd would be crowded on Chicago highways from the hustle bustle of last minute Christmas shopping and running around.

Could you make a 9:55 flight? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it and I wouldn't want to have to try to do it.

Nashville, Tennessee
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: driving from Lambeau to Chicago MDW after Packer-Titan game

Thanks, I was afraid this might be pushing it!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: driving from Lambeau to Chicago MDW after Packer-Titan game

I wouldn't push it. Like przyk said, even in perfect driving/traffic conditions, it's still a pretty long drive. Factor in that you will come through Milwaukee, then Midway is in a neighborhood area on the south side of Chicago, so you'd essentially have to drive through Chicago, too. I would be freaking out too much...

4. Re: driving from Lambeau to Chicago MDW after Packer-Titan game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2013, 14:46
Get answers to your questions about Green Bay