We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best packer tailgate party

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
1 post
84 reviews
best packer tailgate party

We are going to the packers opener on Sep 9th and looking to do one of the commerical tailgate parties. Any suggestions?

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
425 posts
92 reviews
1. Re: best packer tailgate party

Most of the bars on Holmgren Ave. will have tailgating events going on. Check out Stadium View, Anduzzis, The Bar on Holmgren, and Green Bay Distillary. There is also a tent that's usually setup in the parking lot of Lambeau. You can get beer and some food at the tent area. Sometimes, I think it's better to grab a beer and just wander around talking to other people that are tailgating, just to get the true atmosphere.

Have fun at the game!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
331 posts
95 reviews
2. Re: best packer tailgate party

I agree. The best "tailgating" we have done is grabbing something from the tent and wandering around. I've gotten free food, free drinks, played some games, and talked football with many fans. To me that was more of a Lambeau experience than the official parties. Heck, we have even tailgated at the person's house where we parked on their lawn for $20 once.

No matter what you do, you will have fun. :)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,667 posts
146 reviews
3. Re: best packer tailgate party

Well Burke, that sounds like a terrific plan! Wish I had the ah, footballs to do that. I've often thought it'd be fun to do that at Miller Park or Lambeau. With the spirit the WI sports fans have, I think if you're friendly and approach people with that attitude it would be a great time. Hey, I think this would be a terrific newspaper article (or blog I suppose)!

When we tailgate we just stay in the one place but always strike up a conversation with others around us. We park in one of the lots that opens just for the game so it's got some gravel, a little grass and even a tree or two. Much nicer than pure asphalt.

Edited: 02 September 2012, 06:35
4. Re: best packer tailgate party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2013, 14:47
Get answers to your questions about Green Bay
Recent Conversations