We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lambeau - 9/9/12

Nor California
Level Contributor
265 posts
Lambeau - 9/9/12

We will be in Milwaukee that morning and was thinking about going to the game. Always wanted to feel the Lambeau experience. What time would we have to leave (Milwaukee) in order to be there by game time( 4 pm) ? Is there a good place to park ? Thanks for the help.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,667 posts
146 reviews
1. Re: Lambeau - 9/9/12

Well, it's a more complicated question than it sounds but here's the short answer, at LEAST 3 hours before game time (but I'd say that's actually cutting it too close.) It's a 3:15 game, Green Bay ticket holders, not Milwaukee so that helps you just a bit. But first, do you have tickets? I figure you know that they're available/sold out. In other words, you can find them but you'll pay a premium as there's a 30 year waiting list to buy season tickets. There have been other threads about the best way to purchase them.

Next, do you want to tailgate and use a grill or just eat there? For tailgating, allow extra time to set up, cook, eat, clean up. There is security and lines to get into the game so plan on walking towards the game almost 30 minutes before the start to be on the safe side.

If all you're doing is parking and walking then leave at LEAST 3 hours before game time. IMHO that's the bare minimum to hope to get in your seats before kick-off. (It's 120 miles, depending where in Milwaukee you are). If it were me, I'd make it four hours, or even more and check out the Pro Shop and absorb the ambiance. Traffic can be bad and there are scattered construction areas from Milwaukee to Lambeau, check the roads out before you leave.

And yes, that picture was taken by me at Lambeau last fall.

Edited: 29 August 2012, 00:44
Nor California
Level Contributor
265 posts
2. Re: Lambeau - 9/9/12

F-T. Thanks for the information. Don't have tickets but hopefully will have access. We are from Northern California actually going to Chicago to see The Boss at Wrigley . Was going out to lunch with friends in Milwaukee only to realize this week that the 49 ers were in Green Bay. If we have an early bunch should have no problem making the game. Any idea where to park for a quick getaway? Will probably leave at 4 th quarter as we have late dinner plans in Chicago that night. Thanks again for your input.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,667 posts
146 reviews
3. Re: Lambeau - 9/9/12

I double checked with Hubby about your plans. He also suggested getting there earlier to check out Lambeau, leaving four hours before game time or even earlier to see more, then your timing sounds good. You can eat at the Packer Tail-Gate Zone packers.com/gameday/tundra-tailgate-zone.html They're open hours before game time.

He said don't park in the lot, find on- street parking, possibly on Holmgren Way. Then you'll be in the SE area of the Lambeau environs, park in the direction you want to leave from and you'll be good. You'll have a few block walk, but that will make it easier. Also, few people leave the game early (we're PACKER FANS. Don't make me tell the story I made him do that at a pre-season game and the roar we heard from Lambeau as we unlocked the car or about the dirty look I got from a certain husband...) so it shouldn't be too bad if you leave in the 4th quarter.

I love the Pack but prefer to watch on TV, I go to a pre-season game every few years and let him go with friends or family. It really is an incredible experience, and it's getting even better with the new screen and expansion.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,225 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: Lambeau - 9/9/12

Springsteen followed by the Packers' game? A dream come true!!

Good luck, I hope you're able to make it all work out :)

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
425 posts
92 reviews
5. Re: Lambeau - 9/9/12

There is some pretty good parking on Liberty St. It's near a church and the walk isn't bad to Lambeau from there. I'm lucky enough that my brother will bring me there, drop me off, and pick me when I give him a call. There are plenty of houses and businesses around Lambeau that you can pay to park at. Some of them have bathrooms you can use as well. In case you want to tailgate. Have fun at the game if you go!

6. Re: Lambeau - 9/9/12

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Green Bay
Recent Conversations