We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting tickets...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,207 posts
796 reviews
Save Topic
Getting tickets...

I was wondering what people think the likelihood of getting tickets to a Pack game on September 13th versus the Bears at a reasonable rate from scalpers? What would be the best way of going about getting decent prices for tickets, just before game time? Any advice would be appreciated???

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
4,459 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting tickets...

Lots of tickets on stubhub.com.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,207 posts
796 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting tickets...

Thanks! What an awesome site!!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
331 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting tickets...

I got mine off NFL Ticket Exchange for last year's opener. I paid more than face value - as you will if you don't know someone with season tickets. I have been to Lambeau many times and I don't remember ever seeing anyone selling tickets like you do in other cities. I am sure they are there, but not as prevalent. Once people get tickets they don't want to get rid of them. :)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting tickets...

I have season tickets (I had to go to my Lock Box to pull out the info with my tickets to look this all up). The Packers recommend that we sell our tickets to Packer Fan Tours, "The Packers Official Tour Company." It's at PackerFanTours.com . There's also a flyer from Ticketmaster saying it's the ONLY Packer and NFL authorized way to sell our tickets. (Gee that's a bit confusing, isn't it?)

They also have an agreement with the Boys and Girls Club where we could give our tickets as a tax-deductible donation. Then they re-sell them and the money goes to the Boys and Girls Club. If an owner does that, you get exempt from the "unruly fan behavior" clause by anyone using these tickets.

There are several reasons why it may be hard to buy tickets. One is that as the ticket holder, if I sell (or give) my tickets to someone who gets kicked, out, I LOSE my tickets!! So you generally pick wisely when you do that. Seeing as many of us are the third generation down and there's a 30 year wait to get them, we're pretty careful with whoever uses them. Many of us have a long list of friends or family that we'll contact first.

They do have an actual scalpers area. Here's a brief comment from the local radio, WTAQ about possible changes to the policy, t was posted one hour ago.

"- The Ashwaubenon Village Board could vote tonight on changes to their Packer ticket scalping ordinance. Ticket sellers who are in the business of scalping tickets have to register with the city and only sell in a specific area, along Armed Forced Drive in front of Lambeau Field on game day.

Last week, the Public Works and Protection Committee made the recommendation to drop the fee for sellers from $800 to $200.

Public Safety Chief Eric Dunning argued for rescinding the ordinance because it was getting to difficult to enforce.Village board members were concerned about protecting Packer fans when from counterfeit tickets when buying them on game day. The Village Board meeting is at 5 p.m.

For enough money (and a little risk) you can buy anything...EXCEPT my Packer/Bears tickets, sorry!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,207 posts
796 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting tickets...

Thanks for all the input guys, hope I get some luck!

Redding, California
Level Contributor
58 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting tickets...

Greetings: 49er fan here who will be making her first trip out to Lambeau for the season opener Packers v. 49er game. (Don't hate me -- good-natured banter is what I'm hoping to find!) I'm getting a ticket to the Packers-49er opener on Sunday, September 9 (I'll be wearing the red and gold), decided to tour for a few days, and stay for the Thursday night game against the Bears as I expect that is a site to behold (I'll be wearing my Aaron Rodgers' jersey that night. Call me fickle, but he played high school footbal in my hometown northern California league, so I did enjoy watching all of his high school football games and his college games at Butte and Cal, so I have a soft spot for the kid.) I can't find any hotels available in Green Bay for a decent price, so I booked in Appleton and in Oshkosh (both of which I understand are less than 40 miles away). I see that each location offers a Packers Bowl bus. Anyone done that? Is that a good option? I'm reading up, but anything in particular I should know about Titletown?? Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,207 posts
796 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting tickets...

Curley's Pub was a great place for a meal, good chili! The tours of Lambeau are top-notch and with the hall of fame, any football fan will enjoy the history of the Pack!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting tickets...

Can't offer anything regarding the bus, we always just drive. It's probably a good option. All fans are welcome, generally we're a good-natured bunch and like ribbing the opposing teams fans.

There are a few things to see in Green Bay, we were just there a couple of weeks ago for the Packer Shareholder meeting. First, know that eating dinner may be a challenge, restaurants will be packed so if there's someone you want to go, make a reservation, if they accept them. The Neville Public Museum currently has a Packer history exhibit that closes on 9/9. There's also a Packer Heritage Walk where you can wander around the streets and read the plaques that starts there.

A resounding yes to the tour and Hall of Fame, check out the forum for other suggestions.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
422 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting tickets...

If you want a dinner spot in Green Bay, that's less likely to be crowded, try the east side of Green Bay or Bellevue. On the East side Gippers on University Ave. is a good place to eat. There is lots of Packer stuff on the walls. I've been hearing good things about Fajita Republic also on the east side, just off interstate 43.

Our downtown area is slowly getting better. My favorite is Fox Harbor Pub and Grill. They have an outdoor patio that overlooks the Fox River. Try the rum runner, mmmm! :) There is a boardwalk/paved path that goes along the river and it makes for a nice little walk.

Have fun and enjoy! Also try looking on the city of Green Bay website for any local farmers markets going on. The selection of produce is pretty good!

10. Re: Getting tickets...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 23:47
Get answers to your questions about Green Bay
Recent Conversations