We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheese

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
580 posts
16 reviews
Cheese

I would like yo get some cheese to take home. Does Costco carry local stuff? Cheese, dried cherries etc?

7 replies to this topic
cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
3,490 posts
276 reviews
1. Re: Cheese

www.wisconline.com offers a list of cheese makers in Wisconsin several of which are in the Green Bay area.

Laack Bros. is an old and established firm just south of Green Bay.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
4,541 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Cheese

Try Woodman's Market first. Note that they don't take credit cards.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
3. Re: Cheese

Might want to read this;

inspection.gc.ca/food/…1389648516990

Janesville...
Level Contributor
513 posts
60 reviews
4. Re: Cheese

Agree with RickMP. Woodman's cheese prices are great and they have a huge selection from local cheesemakers throughout Wisconsin.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
580 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Cheese

Thanks for reminding me to check an see if anything has changed...

Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Cheese

Not sure about Costco, but I know that Festival and Meijer have Wisconsin based cheese products available. Steeve's Cheese is available at both Meijer and Festival, and it's from Wisconsin. Belgioso is produced in Northeast Wisconsin, and they have products at both stores, too.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,667 posts
146 reviews
7. Re: Cheese

Costco wouldn't be my first choice. We love it there, but a local grocery store of chain is best. But I hate to burst your bubble, but your local store may have a lot of WI cheese, just look at the labels. Where are you going to be? Are you flying or driving? If you're in Green Bay, nearby Door County has a lot of options for local suppliers, but almost anywhere in WI will have some of the same products. Of course it's fun to go to a specialty store, but not necessary if it doesn't fit your plans.

Edited: 17 August 2018, 21:52
Reply to: Cheese
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Green Bay
Recent Conversations