We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baileys Sunset Motel & Cottages

Saint Charles...
1 post
Save Topic
Baileys Sunset Motel & Cottages

Has anyone stayed at this Baileys, 8404 Hwy 57, would you stay there again?

10 replies to this topic
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
187 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baileys Sunset Motel & Cottages

I haven't stayed there, but I've passed it many times. It looks like an old-fashioned basic motel. It's located right on the highway. It is not on the water and not really walking distance to anything. Probably a good choice if budget is an issue and you don't mind being right on the main road.

Geneva, IL
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baileys Sunset Motel & Cottages

I stayed there years ago but then found The Beachfront Inn in Baileys Harbor. We love it there! They have a pool and nightly campfire. Most recently, we stayed in their Cabin in the Woods and it was fabulous. We had 2 bedrooms, bath, huge front porch and situated on acres of woods! It was amazing. We want to return in the cooler weather and enjoy the cozy living room and fireplace. It's a must stay from now on for us!

Mentioned in this post
Beachfront Inn
Beachfront Inn
205 Reviews
Baileys Harbor, WI
Baileys Harbor
Baileys Harbor
Door County, WI
S B
Peoria, Illinois
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baileys Sunset Motel & Cottages

We just spent this past weekend at Bailey's Sunset Motel and Cottages. We rented a one bedroom cottage which was very clean, comfortable, and quiet.

We brought our three Shelties who were more than welcome, however our cottage had no hint that any other pets had been there although many probably had been. Although it's just off the highway, there was almost no traffic after 9PM and we couldn't hear or see what traffic there was.

There is a large, open recreation area and individual BBQ's and picnic tables. In addition, there are wandering paths through the trees and wild flowers at the back of the property which our dogs loved. It is not on the water but they accommodate anglers with freezer space. And their rates are far more reasonable than some places I checked out nearer to the water which were little more than tiny "fishing shacks".

We had considered the Beachfront Inn until we saw all of the kids running and screaming around the brightly-lit pool which is surrounded by guest rooms. It too is right on the highway and close to some fun, but noisy, bars.

Mentioned in this post
Beachfront Inn
Beachfront Inn
205 Reviews
Baileys Harbor, WI
New Berlin...
Level Contributor
1 post
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baileys Sunset Motel & Cottages

I have stayed at Baileys Sunset Motel & Cottages twice now - in October 2010 and October 2012. Will be returning in October 2014. LOVE it! The owners are very accommodating - there is FREE wifi throughout the property. The paths in the back of the property are AMAZING. The motel rooms are very clean and our carpeting was brand new this year. I couldn't share anything bad about our visit - it was all positive. Highly recommend.

Milwaukee,
Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baileys Sunset Motel & Cottages

My fiance and I just came back from a weekend in Door County and we stayed at Bailey's Sunset Motel and Cottages. We rented out a 2 bedroom cottage and brought our dog along for a modest fee of $10 extra per night, After looking at their website, I was a bit concerned because the photos were not too impressive, but I was limited due to price and availability in the door county area on Memorial Day weekend. As fate would have it, my concerns were unwarranted. The cottage was in great shape, the beds were comfortable and the furniture was adequate if you had any downtime inside the cottage. There was plenty to do on the property itself and they provide free firewood to keep those bonfires burning all night long! The location is just outside of Bailey's Harbor (which is very quiet) and minutes away from the hustle and bustle of the major touristy type towns. Overall we were very impressed with our stay and had a relaxing time. I hope to come back again soon. The only thing I would change is the website since it really doesn't do the property justice...I felt so strongly, that I commented to the owner that they need to update the website so hopefully they do that so that they draw in some more customers. It isn't the Hilton, but who goes up north looking for all of the luxury ammenities?

Mentioned in this post
Door County
Door County
Wisconsin
Sun Prairie...
Level Contributor
2 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baileys Sunset Motel & Cottages

Why isn't there a review page for these guys? This place is awesome and I want to give them credit !

Marana
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baileys Sunset Motel & Cottages

We stayed 4 days in June and really enjoyed it. Nice big rooms and beautiful grounds. Motel is great for people on a budget

Sun Prairie...
Level Contributor
2 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baileys Sunset Motel & Cottages

I love this place. Immaculately clean. Owner operated - no employees. On several acres of woods and large open mowed 'play area' for frisbee or anything you would use a large open area for. Penny and Dave are great, friendly, hardworking and thoughtful. Furnishing-wise and Amenity-wise, the place is simple but everything works/functions. They provide usual towels which are kept in good condition partly by reserving some for fish cleaning or anything particularly dirty - just like you would at home, duh! To think some inconsiderate people would use the nice bathroom towels for these things. Anyway, continental breackfast is all packaged goods - pastries, sunny delight, V-8, bottled water and for rainy days or whatever they have tons of movies to lend and if you need anything else, just ask - they may have it. They had the jumprope I forgot to pack for the daily workout I vowed to do while on vacation.

Shenandoah, Iowa
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Baileys Sunset Motel & Cottages

We just spent from Sunday to Friday there and it was wonderful. So peaceful and quiet. It was very clean and comfortable, they had trails behind the motel that had wonderfully sweet blackberries that were ripe. Penny and Dave were so nice and helpful and it is located in the middle of everything in Door County. We are already planning another trip to Door County and we will definitely stay at Baileys Sunset Motel and Cottages. We were in one of the motel rooms. We have never sleep so well away from home.

Keven & Becky -Shenandoah, Iowa

Mentioned in this post
Marana
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Baileys Sunset Motel & Cottages

Yes we stayed in the motel and for us it was exactly what we were looking for. Large, clean room and very inexpensive. It was not fancy by any means...but great for families on a budget. Beautiful property and very nice owners. We would not hesitate to stay again.

Reply to: Baileys Sunset Motel & Cottages
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Baileys Harbor