We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

road trip advice

Buffalo, NY
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
road trip advice

I'm driving from Buffalo, New York to Gatlinburg Tennessee November 1. Looking for advice as to a mid-way point to stop and stay the night. Possibly a B&B in West Virginia? Thanks

los angeles
9 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: road trip advice

I take a lot of road trips with my family and it is always such a hassle to find a mid point along our trip and the type of hotel we want to stay at or even where to have lunch when we will be in the car all day and the kids are going crazy. I found this website called www.meetways.com that allows you to enter two locations and a point of interest (for me a restaurant or hotel) and it gives you the exact midpoint and the points of interest you searched for in that area. I really recommend it. It has saved me hours of time on mapquest.

Buffalo, NY
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: road trip advice

Thank you- it looks like a great site but when I tried putting in the addresses I kept getting an error message...? Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again

los angeles
9 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: road trip advice

My guess is that the address you are using isn't in their databank. Most map sites use the same data bank and it is only updated every six months or so. This happened to me once and I just used an address close by that was more on the beaten path. (I used the address of the school my son goes to) and it worked perfectly after that. One other thing is that you need a complete address not just a city and state so you may try adding that. Hope that helps.

West Virginia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: road trip advice

Does look like a neat site. I too could not get it to work. Is this a case, once again, that WV just doesn't quite make the grade? Sort of a hassle to have to know the exact address, zip - maybe in time they will upgrade the site to just require a city and state. Awesome idea for a site if it works for where you are going.

15. Re: road trip advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 12:52
Get answers to your questions about Barboursville
Recent Conversations