We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for concert at Tacoma Dome

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
63 reviews
Parking for concert at Tacoma Dome

Hello, all. Yes I live in Gig Harbor but am somewhat new to the area. I have tickets to see Bruno Mars on July 24th. This will be my first trip to the Tacoma Dome. I am thinking that Inwould park in one of the garages on Commerce St, have dinner and the take the light rail to the t-Dome station and walk to the Dome. Is that a good plan or is there plenty of parking near the Dome. Thanks in advance

4 replies to this topic
Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
26 posts
1. Re: Parking for concert at Tacoma Dome

Hi there!

There is usually sufficient parking near the dome so I would try there first. You could park on Commerce St but the light rail stops running at about 10:00pm. Sometimes it does extend hours for events but I would check with Sound Transit.

Tacoma, Washington
1 post
2. Re: Parking for concert at Tacoma Dome

Thanks for checking in! You can view our parking options on our website. https:/…parking-direction

We will be posting specific show day information about extended Link hours and parking to our website soon! https://tacomadome.org/bruno-mars

A B
Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
61 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Parking for concert at Tacoma Dome

Thanks for highlighting one of the massive shortcomings of Tacoma Link. There is plenty of parking at the Tacoma Dome. If you learn that the Tacoma Link Light Rail is extending service for the concert you'll be attending, I would suggest your plan of just leaving the car downtown, that way you can avoid the post-concert traffic jam and could grab a drink or a small bite to eat after the concert. But, otherwise, you'll need to park at the Tacoma Dome. The Dome parking lot is massive. You could also park at the Tacoma Dome Station (Sounder and Light Rail garage), as you would be there for under 24 hours and would be there outside of normal commute hours. But, yes, the Tacoma Link really needs to permanently extend its hours (TacDome and TravelTacoma253, I hope you are listening), so that it isn't a necessity to drive to any and all events at the Dome.

Tacoma, Washington
1 post
4. Re: Parking for concert at Tacoma Dome

Best parking for Tacoma dome concerts next to Armour Building 101 east 26 th street or other side of the tracks

102 east 25 th street

Monitored and safe

Reply to: Parking for concert at Tacoma Dome
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tacoma