We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle to Sequim

San Francisco
Level Contributor
123 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Seattle to Sequim

Hello,

I live in Seattle and I have family living in Sequim. We would like to be able to meet someplace in the middle for lunch on a regular basis so that neither of us have to travel too far on a given day. Anyone have suggestions for restaurants that are in between? I can't seem to tell if there are towns that wouldn't require my family to travel more than 45 min- 55 min from Sequim towards Seattle to meet me. Doesn't have to be a real "town" per se - but a decent lunch spot :-)

Thanks!

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
11,647 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seattle to Sequim

Bainbridge Island would be perfect. There are many restaurants to choose from. You can look up TA posts that will describe quite a few. Port Townsend would be another choice. Fountain Cafe is my favorite, but there are lots of choices.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
123 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seattle to Sequim

Thank you for replying. Unfortunately, Port Townsend is almost 2.5 hours from Seattle and Bainbridge is over an hour from Sequim - trying to find something that would be under an hour from Sequim and not much more than an hour from Seattle - half way for each of us. Doesn't have to be a cute town - just a place for us to meet for lunch that won't require excessive driving :-)

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,675 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seattle to Sequim

Your choices are very limited. There is not very many restaurants in between. Your only choices that I can think of is Smitty's Burgers, which is off 101 at the turn off to Port Townsend. There is a terrific Cafe in Port Gamble.

Or something in Port Ludlow, although I have never eaten there. After that it is Poulsbo.

Edited: 20 July 2015, 23:35
4. Re: Seattle to Sequim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 00:48
Edited: 21 July 2015, 00:48
Washington
Level Contributor
558 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seattle to Sequim

Try Silverdale. Depending on traffic it's not much over an hour from Sequim and lots of restaurants to choose from. It's probably closer to 1 1/2 hrs from Seattle if you drive around. The Bainbridge ferry would be another option.

Port Townsend...
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seattle to Sequim

Port townsend is 1.5 hours from Seattle (ferry plus drive). Unsure where you are getting your numbers from. People on the Penninsula drive to Poulsbo or Siverdale frequently. That might be a good location to aim for. Plenty of restaurants both places

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,647 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seattle to Sequim

I think GoogleMaps may have done it again. I looked up Seattle to PT, and they had 2 hours and 15 minutes. Usually, GoogleMaps is wildly optimistic with Olympic Peninsula travel. In this case, it was way off in the other direction.

8. Re: Seattle to Sequim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2018, 12:48
Get answers to your questions about Sequim