We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi fare from Sequim to Bainbridge Island ferry

london
6 posts
Save Topic
taxi fare from Sequim to Bainbridge Island ferry

Hello,

I am looking to leave Sequim on Monday 29 June after 1pm (there for an appointment) - but it seems at this time it is impossible to get public transport to Bainbridge Island ferries, so I am wondering if anyone can give me a rough idea of how much a taxi would cost and if they go from Sequim. I have to catch an international plane from Sea-Tac departing at 19:15.

Any info would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Sequim
Sequim
Washington
9 replies to this topic
Port Townsend...
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi fare from Sequim to Bainbridge Island ferry

The Dungeness bus line has a pick up in Sequim at 1:30 arriving SeaTac at 5:15 pm. Cost is 49

Other Option is Rocket Transportation.

Both of these are far better than a cab

Mentioned in this post
Sequim
Sequim
Washington
SeaTac
SeaTac
Washington
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,213 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi fare from Sequim to Bainbridge Island ferry

How are you getting to Sequim in the first place?

Mentioned in this post
Sequim
Sequim
Washington
london
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi fare from Sequim to Bainbridge Island ferry

Hi,

I'm going by Rocket Transport the day before - and there is no rush. But if I use them on the way back, they arrive at SeaTac between 5-6pm. I'm thinking that is a bit too close to my flight leaving at 7.15pm.

Was just wondering if I could be at the airport around 4-5pm and know that I could go through check in without too much of a rush.

Mentioned in this post
SeaTac
SeaTac
Washington
Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
10,908 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi fare from Sequim to Bainbridge Island ferry

If you can get to Poulsbo/Keyport, you can take the Kitsap Airporter.

A taxi, even if you could find one, would be unreasonable.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
11,083 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi fare from Sequim to Bainbridge Island ferry

About $200.00, perhaps more counting tip. Call Green 8 Taxi 360 460 0879 to see if you can make a deal, but they would have to leave from Port Angeles, which would add to your fare. You are right about the buses -Jefferson Transit has a bus - and about Rocket. They both make too many stops and take too long to get you there reliably in time for your flight. You also might call Rite Bros. Aviation 800 430 7483 for a charter flight. I am sorry to say that your post illustrates the perils of not doing enough research in advance. It is very hard to get to and from the Olympic Peninsula without a car.

Mentioned in this post
Port Angeles
Port Angeles
Washington
Olympic Peninsula
Olympic Peninsula
21 Reviews
Washington
london
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi fare from Sequim to Bainbridge Island ferry

Many thanks for all your responses. It seems safest to stay a night in Seattle and make the journey home the following day.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
11,083 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi fare from Sequim to Bainbridge Island ferry

Yes! That is absolutely the right thing to do. I always urge visitors to get back to Seattle the night before a flight, unless, perhaps, their flight leaves very late.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
london
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi fare from Sequim to Bainbridge Island ferry

I have just been looking at the Jefferson Transit bus timetable - and it looks like the best option for my return journey. The money I save using this public transport can go towards my Seattle hotel.

Looking forward to the adventure!

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Port Townsend...
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi fare from Sequim to Bainbridge Island ferry

If you are taking Jefferson Transit, you will have either the choice of the 12:50 bus leaving Sequim or the 4:20. There are a few changes that are due to take place on 6/15th when Jefferson Transit opens its new center at 4 corners. These will have little impact on you as long as you do not plan to leave Port Townsend on the first bus of the morning heading to Poulsbo.

Those wanting to leave Port Townsend and go to Poulsbo/Seattle on the first bus of the morning will need to catch the #1 bus (Brinnon) in Port Townsend and ride it to the 4 corners park and ride lot where you will transfer to the #7 Poulsbo bus.

Mentioned in this post
Sequim
Sequim
Washington
Port Townsend
Port Townsend
Washington
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Reply to: taxi fare from Sequim to Bainbridge Island ferry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted