We're planning on visiting Sequim's 2015 Lavender Festival on Friday July 17, 2015 and very excited! I have some questions for the folks who've been to this festival:
1) what is your favorite or most unusual lavender flavored item? I've read mixed reviews on Yelp regarding the lack of lavender flavored foodstuffs.
2) Can I buy lavender flavored wine there?
3) Any additional hints and tips when going to the Lav Fest?
4) How crowded does this event get? I've heard anywhere from several thousands to tens of thousands.
5) If I am leaving Port Townsend to catch a ferry to Coupeville away from the Lavender Festival on a Saturday morning, would it be super crazy and crowded?
I've been combing through every ferry forum post I could find on the Ferry system and it strongly recommends reservations. I think I'll do that but I was just curious to see if the traffic out of Port Townsend on a Saturday morning to Coupeville was better than say, trying to get to Port Townsend. I know the earlier the better but we wanted to eat breakfast before heading out (free hotel breakfast, I know, I am cheap).
Thanks in advance!