We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cycling to Sequim from Port Angeles

Victoria Capital...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Cycling to Sequim from Port Angeles

I'm doing an overnight cycling trip from Victoria BC to Sequim, via Port Angeles ferry, in a couple of weeks. Which campground is better? Dungeness or Sequim State Park? Also, can you recommend any must-see/do things along the way? Just me and my camera. Will get into Sequim mid-afternoon & catching the later Coho on the way back.

Port Angeles...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
1. Re: Cycling to Sequim from Port Angeles

Hi Rikki,

Thanks for coming over to the Olympic Peninsula to bike! I assume you mean Sequim Bay State Park? A factor to note in making your decision is that the Dungeness Railroad Bridge is closed: peninsulatrailscoalition.org/dungeness-river…

The bridge closure only affects you if you are going to Sequim Bay State Park to camp. If you choose Dungeness Recreation Area Campsites, you will veer off the Discovery trail before having to deal with the closure.

Both campgrounds are nice. Dungeness will likely be quieter because Sequim Bay is close to Highway 101 and I found it rather noisy when I biked through Sequim Bay during the day. I have not camped at either campground.

I would explore Dungeness Spit and bring a tide table. Stop in the Port Angeles Visitor Center at 121 E Railroad Ave, Port Angeles, WA 98362 so you can get the tide information you need and pick up a Discovery Trail map that has the less busy Sequim roads color coded.

Enjoy!

2. Re: Cycling to Sequim from Port Angeles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2018, 06:48
Get answers to your questions about Sequim