We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lavender farm visits last week of March, a good idea?

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
154 posts
102 reviews
Lavender farm visits last week of March, a good idea?

Is the last week of March a good time to visit the Sequim lavender farms? Are they under snow? I want to visit week of March 25 - April 1. Thank you!!

13 replies to this topic
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
154 posts
102 reviews
11. Re: Lavender farm visits last week of March, a good idea?

I was doing some research about La Conner and their wonderful Daffodil Festival. Forgive me for asking a dumb question, but can you just drive along Best Road and see these beauties? Or must you visit a farm and pay a fee? I've only seen one bulb farm, RoosenGaard that has a daily daffodil bloom map...can we just drive on public roads to stop and take photos? Thanks again :-)

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,630 posts
12. Re: Lavender farm visits last week of March, a good idea?

No, you just drive around. I took the snow geese photo basically across the road from the (aptly named) Snow Goose produce stand on Fir Island/Best Rd. - https://goo.gl/maps/XbdWn1J1gTK2 . Some of the growers charge admission to their fields during peak tulip time (and Roosengaard all the time) but most have flower stands where you can park. I mostly stop at the roadsides, but you have to be mindful that many of the roads are quite narrow and parking areas are not plentiful, so sometimes you need to park and walk back a short distance to get the right shots. Again, it's much better on week days than weekends, especially so once the tulips appear.

If you like small towns, then the full Whidbey loop is terrific - north to the flowers, geese and La Conner, south over Deception Pass onto Whidbey, then stop at Coupeville and Langley, both incredibly picturesque waterfront villages on Whidbey, then back to the mainland on the Mukilteo ferry. For a change of pace, on the way back to Seattle you can see the really, really big birds at the Boeing factory along SR 526 (aka "Boeing Freeway") where they build the 747s, 777s and 787s in the biggest building in the world.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,861 posts
102 reviews
13. Re: Lavender farm visits last week of March, a good idea?

If for some reason you do not make it up to La Conner, you can also see snow geese in Snohomish. Along highway 9, just south of the river, are huge farm fields and the geese gather in there. BTW, Snohomish is a great little town too with lots of wonderful shops/restaurants all along the river.

Reply to: Lavender farm visits last week of March, a good idea?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sequim