We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leavenworth with Teenagers

Vancouver
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Leavenworth with Teenagers

Heading to Leavenworth with our teenagers this weekend! What are some must do's? Anyone gone horseback riding? Recommendations for nice hiking trails? Also recommendations for restaurants? Thanks!

United States
Level Contributor
132 posts
58 reviews
1. Re: Leavenworth with Teenagers

München Haus and Andreas Keller are eateries I'd recommend. Waterfront Park has good walking trails etc. With teens, I'd suggest tubing in the River. Outdoor Summer Theater is excellent! Watch out for BEARS if you go hiking!!!!!! Our son's family had hiked just a little way when they came upon one recently. The trail was near the fish hatchery. Icicle Village is an outstanding property for families. They have spacious condos, as well as hotel rooms, two pools, mini golf, outdoor sport court, game room, HUGE screen tv in sports viewing room, outdoor sport court, etc. Have fun!

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,934 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Leavenworth with Teenagers

There is a bike rental place where I saw some paddle boards;

there is river rafting outfit www.leavenworth.com/Activities_index.htm

Vancouver
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
3. Re: Leavenworth with Teenagers

Thank you so much, gratitudegirl and cbaarch for your wonderful recommendations!! I look forward to our visit! Thanks also for your warning about BEARS!! :)

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Leavenworth with Teenagers

Lake Wenatchee west of town is very pretty - not sure what the status is after the fires. Great place to swim (cold for grownups, but the kids will jump in), watch kiteboarding, build a fire, etc. You will want a discovery pass or to pay the parking fee.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
26 posts
5. Re: Leavenworth with Teenagers

We have a website for tourists to help you find these things, as well as events happening in town when you are there. We are tourists ourselves (we're from Spokane) who love Leavenworth and built the site for other tourists.

Check out our Play page (http://www.AccidentalBavarian.com/Play) and the other pages on the play menu for things to do. There is a Things to Do with Kids page, but it tends toward pre-teens. We also have restaurant reviews, etc.

6. Re: Leavenworth with Teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 09:45