We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stop over

Grants Pass, Oregon
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
stop over

Hello,

I will be driving from Seattle to Anacortes May 23rd. I am leaving around 8:30 am but don't have to catch the ferry in Anacotes until 6 pm.

I was wondering if La conner would make a good stop over for some diversity in my trip?

Most of my trip will be centered around the San Juan islands so wanted something a little different.

Thanks for any feedback!

8 replies to this topic
Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
11,694 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: stop over

Yes i think it would

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,229 posts
112 reviews
2. Re: stop over

Laconner is quite nice, but you cold also go across Whidbey Island and stop in Langley and Coupeville. Then a visit to Deception Pass would be nice before arriving in Anacortes. That would make a nice day. The ferry from Mukilteo is right where the Boeing Factory tour is but you could still stop and see the planes and then go to the ferry.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
5,826 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: stop over

Check traffic on the WSDOT app before you leave. Look at I-5 through Everett. 8:30 am on a weekday going north could be okay, but it might be trafficky, and in that case try to leave a bit later. La Conner is a nice stop for lunch or whatnot.

Edited: 21 March 2018, 04:29
Grants Pass, Oregon
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: stop over

Thanks! Good info!

La Conner...
1 post
2 reviews
5. Re: stop over

Good afternoon,

Updating my business profile and found your question so I wanted to take the time to respond. YES< La Conner is a beautiful quaint historical tourist town. There are many shops to browse around and restaurants with tasty treats. We also have a boardwalk that takes you along the Swinomish Channel where you are likely to see Eagles, Herons and possibly seals. The La Conner Chamber of Commerce website has recently gone mobile making it super easy to check things out via technology. Visit www.lovelaconner.com You can always stop by the chamber office located across the street from our only grocery store named Pioneer Market. Our visitors center is staffed by volunteers who work m-f 10am to 4pm and Saturdays 12pm to 3pm (if we are lucky enough to have help) You can also contact us at 360-466-4778 and we would be happy to send you information or tell you what we know...we love to share!

Grants Pass, Oregon
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: stop over

Thanks!

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
127 reviews
7. Re: stop over

Yes - I'm not a La Conner resident but I had an afternoon stopover there last weekend, and it's charming - the archetypal America seaside town. The Art museum has a lovely building but the collection is meh (sorry, La Conner, but it is) but the fabric museum is definitely worth a visit both for the building and its contents.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
985 posts
20 reviews
8. Re: stop over

One persons “meh” is another’s gem. The museum in La Conner has a surprisingly robust rotating collection of northwest artists work - whether by “members” of the Northwest School or lesser known artists. It doesn’t pretend to be a major museum ... it simply showcases artists from the region.

We stop there at least annually, and have viewed terrific pieces by former resident Morris Graves and all of the other NW School artists (I’m particularly a fan of William Cummings). It’s small for sure - and the exhibits change frequently - but it’s far from “meh” (sorry Lazy-Diver, it just is).

Edited: 24 May 2018, 12:30
Reply to: stop over
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Conner
Recent Conversations
More La Conner Topics