We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing in Blaine

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
652 posts
352 reviews
Fishing in Blaine

My husband want to go fishing on a boat during our visit to Birch Bay the second week of October. Can anyone recommend a specific boat/captain? And while we are on fish, can we travel home with fish if he was actually able to catch one?

3 replies to this topic
western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Fishing in Blaine

I don't know any specific captains. Did you do an internet search? Ask how long they have been in business, and what will be biting in early October.

IF they have a freezer, you can pack your fish in a cooler and take it home. There are services in Seattle that will smoke your fish and mail it to you, but I don't know if there are such services in Blaine. The fishing guides will know.

Washington
Level Contributor
6,144 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Fishing in Blaine

I don't know specifics either but there are fishing charters out of the Semiahmoo marina. Check with them or contact the Blaine Chamber of Commerce. they should have recs too.

You can often vacuum pack your fish, pack it on dry ice, and send it as luggage, or even carry it on. Do check with your airline, however, as they vary.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
652 posts
352 reviews
3. Re: Fishing in Blaine

Oh thanks, Islandgrl and ainwa- I have always wondered what people do with their catch. Hahahahahah--we have always eaten what we have caught that night- which tells you how much we caught!!!

But, it was a great idea to check with the chamber of commerce or the marina. I did see two captains listed on the internet. We have fished before in different places in the US and made pre-arranged fishing days only to get to the town and see lots of choices. I was just wondering if anyone locally knew a specific captain. But, you both had great ideas. I'll continue to research. Thanks!!

Reply to: Fishing in Blaine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Blaine
More Blaine Topics