We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early November

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Early November

What is the weather like at this time of year?

Ideas of things to do in the Blaine area.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,029 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: Early November

Blaine? Cannot resist asking, why Blaine? Family, conference...

Weather at this time of year? Assuming current weather, Weather Underground...

wunderground.com/cgi-bin/…

Edited: 08 September 2010, 20:38
Rhode Island
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Early November

I was given a timeshare week, and wanted to see a different part of the country.

Edited: 08 September 2010, 21:15
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,029 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: Early November

You had best study a map of the area so you'll better understand our comments. Note that our daylight hours are confined to a relatively narrow window, given our latitude, so to see natural beauty, you'll want an early start.

Consider the Vancouver, BC (not the island) tourism website. It's a great tourist city with loads of things to see and to do. As well, the Vancouver, BC TA Forum.

Obviously, Seattle area.

Whidbey Island.

Blaine area? In November, I really don't know. Is there a Blaine area tourism website?

You could also drive to Point Roberts, a piece of the US that, to access, you drive into and out of Canada.

You have a passport? Otherwise, forget Canada.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Early November

Thank you for your ideas and the weather link.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,029 posts
65 reviews
5. Re: Early November

You are welcome.

I re-read my comments and had inadvertently ignored Victoria, on Vancouver Island. In a day trip, given the schedule on the website, below, you could see any one, perhaps two, of the major sights such as Butchart Gardens, the Royal Museum, explore the downtown, etc. An overnight is better, much less of a thrash.

You can get there from either Vancouver or Bellingham.

www.tourismvictoria.com/content.aspx…

whales.com/Destinations/…Schedules-Fares.aspx

San Juan Island...
Destination Expert
for San Juan Islands
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Early November

The only time we go to Blaine is if we are staying at the Semiahmoo Resort there.

Your only about 60 miles to the Mt. Baker Ski Area from Blaine so in November you might want to get up there for skiing or winter sports

The Blaine Chamber has a web site for visitors at http://www.blainechamber.com/

They have a list in detail of things to do in the area at http://www.blainechamber.com/activities.html

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
7. Re: Early November

Hi Seascape

My sister and I will be at a t. s. there the same week so I'm here looking for ideas too. Thanks for the post.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Early November

I hope we have good weather. We are planning to visit the San Juan Islands and Vancouver. Maybe our paths will cross.

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
9. Re: Early November

Sounds fun. Haven't checked out the Island yet but will. We're also doing Vancouver and Victoria.

10. Re: Early November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2011, 13:03
Get answers to your questions about Blaine
More Blaine Topics