We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clamming in Blaine

Denver
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Clamming in Blaine

I will be visiting Blaine next month, and have always been a fan of clamming. I'm hoping to see what it's like in the Pacific Northwest, as this will be my first trip up there. Does anyone know what the rules and guidelines are for such an activity. Any other tips that might be helpful?

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clamming in Blaine

You will need a shellfish license for one. And a bucket, a long skinny shovel, and hip waders...

Razor clams are popular, but have seasons. However, it looks like Birch Bay state park is open all year for clams and oysters.

wdfw.wa.gov/fish/shelfish/beachreg/map01.htm

Here's an interesting page about our state mollusk, the geoduck (gooey-duck). If you watch Anthony Bourdain's show on the travel channel, he digs a few and eats them on the Seattle episode.

wdfw.wa.gov/fish/shelfish/beachreg/2clam.htm

The Seattle Times and the Everett Herald both report fishing season announcements.

Mentioned in this post
Birch Bay State Park
Birch Bay State Park
87 Reviews
Birch Bay, WA
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Everett
Everett
Washington
Denver
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clamming in Blaine

Thanks much. Your info was very helpful.

3. Re: Clamming in Blaine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 01:48
Get answers to your questions about Blaine