We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Colonies at Williamsburg

Okeechobee,Florida
Level Contributor
169 posts
339 reviews
Save Topic
The Colonies at Williamsburg

Does anyone know if they are close to completing construction on their resort or at least completed the clubhouse. My family and I are considering staying there in April. We are trying to decide between The Colonies,Wyndham Governors Green, Kings Creek Plantation or Greensprings Vacation Resort.

Williamsburg, VA
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Colonies at Williamsburg

The Colonies is (are?) still in a construction phase, although there are units completed. You may want to also consider Williamsburg Plantation, which is across Rte. 199 from the Colonies and owned by the same company. It is convenient to local areas and without the construction.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Colonies at Williamsburg

can i ask if you know if theyare still unders construction- in 2011?

Williamsburg, VA
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Colonies at Williamsburg

Yes. There are units open, and there are units still being constructed. I will drive by tomorrow to see if there is any construction activity going on right now, and report back.

Williamsburg, VA
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Colonies at Williamsburg

Joycef, construction of new units at the Colonies is underway and ongoing. There are several units open and accepting travelers as well.

Annapolis, Maryland
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: The Colonies at Williamsburg

I called today. They said the Clubhouse and the entire pool area is set to be complete by March 2011. I hope that's true as I'd like to stay there this coming summer.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Colonies at Williamsburg

great news - would be good if it is done - i would like to book something there too this summer. thanks for the update

Schenectady, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The Colonies at Williamsburg

they are very nice you could probably use the services at williamsburg plantation we own at the plantation and also two at kings creek we love both but there dif as in the kings creek does not really have like corner store that kids could walk to but extremly nice place the cottages have tons of room and the townes are two bedrooms with a sun room with pull out bed we will be going down this summer for our weeks but will probably rent out our cottage its at end of july and our other weeks are starting july 8 for two weeks when we first went down we rented a two two at the plantation liked so much we bought one if you decide to do the time share tour hold out for at least the 100 dollar visa card but dont buy you can go to timeshare resales in williamsburg next to ihop and buy for much less hope you injoy your trip and if you have kids like us do the timeshare route instead of hotel package much cheaper being able to cook we have four kids all grown now but they wanted to make us get two hotel rooms timeshare rental was so much better

Schenectady, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The Colonies at Williamsburg

they are very nice you could probably use the services at williamsburg plantation we own at the plantation and also two at kings creek we love both but there dif as in the kings creek does not really have like corner store that kids could walk to but extremly nice place the cottages have tons of room and the townes are two bedrooms with a sun room with pull out bed we will be going down this summer for our weeks but will probably rent out our cottage its at end of july and our other weeks are starting july 8 for two weeks when we first went down we rented a two two at the plantation liked so much we bought one if you decide to do the time share tour hold out for at least the 100 dollar visa card but dont buy you can go to timeshare resales in williamsburg next to ihop and buy for much less hope you injoy your trip and if you have kids like us do the timeshare route instead of hotel package much cheaper being able to cook we have four kids all grown now but they wanted to make us get two hotel rooms timeshare rental was so much better

Baltimore, Maryland
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: The Colonies at Williamsburg

I have an upcoming trip planned and am scheduled to to arrive Saturday May 14, 2011. I called the resort and spoke with a very nice lady who informed me that the Clubhouse is not ready yet but is scheduled to open end of April. I am hoping that it is complete before I arrival time. She did also say that anyone staying there prior to the completion will be allowed to use the amenities at Williamsburg Plantation which is the sister resort and not more than 1 mile away

St. Albans, Vermont
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Colonies at Williamsburg

I was just reading these posts and wondering if anyone had any recent news about the Colonies at Williamsburg? How is the construction going? Any sight of a pool? I have booked to stay the first week in July with my family and and so hoping some of the amenities are finished!

Any reviews or info would be grateful!!