We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Historic Triangle in 1 day

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
49 posts
20 reviews
14 helpful votes
Historic Triangle in 1 day
Save

Hi

I only have 1 full day and I would like to have at least a general idea of ​​the 3 places.

Which would be the obligatory visits of each place under this premise?

regards

2 replies to this topic
Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
7,913 posts
52 reviews
54 helpful votes
1. Re: Historic Triangle in 1 day
Save

One full day isn't enough! If you have part of the previous day, or part of the next day, that would be helpful. For a taste, though, a couple of hours at Historic Jamestowne, where the first English settlers came, will give you an idea of the beginning. Late morning/early afternoon, spend some time in Colonial Williamsburg, where the seat of Virginia government was prior to and during the American Revolution, Try to listen to a Nation Builder talk, which can be helpful in understanding the people and events leading up to the Revolution. Late afternoon/early evening, go to Yorktown and tour the battlefields and Surrender Field, where the English troops surrendered to the Americans. There is a driving battlefield tour available on CD. I'm assuming you'll have a car for this.

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
49 posts
20 reviews
14 helpful votes
2. Re: Historic Triangle in 1 day
Save

Yes, I have a car and thank you.

I'm going to try to get to Williamsburg (my base) as soon as possible the day before, but I don't think I can get there before sunset.

Reply to: Historic Triangle in 1 day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Williamsburg
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.