We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eggs Benedict?

Mount Vernon...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Eggs Benedict?

What restaurant has the best Eggs Benedict on the Boardwalk? With outside dining.

Thanks

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eggs Benedict?

Doc Taylor's... But it's off the boardwalk

The Belvedere is right on the boardwalk and has a good breakfast and view of the water

Mount Vernon...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eggs Benedict?

Thanks I will check these out.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eggs Benedict?

Doc Taylor's is in a historic, original beach cottage turned restaurant- cool atmosphere a block off the beach. Expect a wait on weekend mornings as its a popular spot. $2 Bloodys and Mimosas keep you occupied on the patio.

The Belvedere is a tiny diner type breakfast spot right on the boardwalk, under the Belvedere Hotel. It's kind of a hole in the wall, but very good and popular. Good view of the water! Expect a wait here as well...

Enjoy!

Mount Vernon...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Eggs Benedict?

The Belvedere seems like what I was looking for. Plan to spend one day on the boardwalk and the beach. The good view of the ocean would suit me well. Plan to rent a bike and spend the day checking out the beach area.

Thanks for you help.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,743 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eggs Benedict?

So you're coming to VB after all, despite your rants about the place?

Mount Vernon...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Eggs Benedict?

Zoey1996. Yes spending a few days there to look it over.

Thanks

Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Eggs Benedict?

I like The Belvedere a lot. I sure don't remember Eggs Benedict being on the menu though. Maybe I missed it. It's a very small place and gets very crowded. You'll likely have a wait to be seated. In my opinion, the food is good, basic and inexpensive. I have always had friendly service. If you have read the reviews and it sounds like your kind of place, it's a great choice. I think the reviews and posts represent it accurately. Enjoy.

Mount Vernon...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Eggs Benedict?

Thanks zoomtrvllrn. I think it is what I would like as well. I can live without the Eggs Benedict. Just a nice Breakfast on the Beach sounds very relaxing.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eggs Benedict?

Good luck!!! I hope you will like VB. When at 6 in the morning you will see workers cleaning the beach and work hard to make it spotless and enjoy the high quality evenings entertaiment, you will understand why you have to pay more for the place. Can't wait for my vacation.

10. Re: Eggs Benedict?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 17:46
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach