We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which part of Sandbridge do you recommend?

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Which part of Sandbridge do you recommend?
Save

Hi,

We plan to spend a day at Sandbridge beach (1st time) next week day. By looking a google map, there are 2 sections (with parking - I guess paid parking): Sandbridge Lot (where seaside market is) and the one at Little Island park where the pier is. Which one do you recommend? We just want a quite place to relax for a day and dip in the water if not too strong wave.

Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
12 posts
55 reviews
24 helpful votes
1. Re: Which part of Sandbridge do you recommend?
Save

Little Island State Park is less crowded and has more parking. It also has changing rooms. You can't go wrong anywhere on Sandbridge though!!

Level Contributor
554 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Which part of Sandbridge do you recommend?
Save

Agree with the LI preference. Bigger, less crowded, easier parking. To the south of you when you are on LI, there is nothing but natural reserve so that helps keep things extra quiet.

Compared to a lot of beaches though, even the main beach isn't crowded.

Edited: 24 August 2021, 17:52
Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Which part of Sandbridge do you recommend?
Save

Thank you all for your suggestion. I'll go with LI then. Also, since I'm here, do you have any suggestion on water front seafood restaurant? thanks so much.

Level Contributor
554 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Which part of Sandbridge do you recommend?
Save

There are no waterfront restaurants in Sandbridge. Well, Baja is on the Back Bay (bring your bug spray!). I would just plan a beach picnic on your beach day. :)

Reply to: Which part of Sandbridge do you recommend?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.