We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place for lunch....

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
4 reviews
Place for lunch....

Hi all,

With a few hrs to kill between flights, thinking of visiting Horsham for a nice lunch,

Does the train stop in the town centre....and any recommendations for a nice scenic lunch....?

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
6,356 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Place for lunch....

Whilst a bit lacking in decent pubs, Horsham has any number of good restaurants. Just check out the listings on here. If you want a food pub with good beer too, it’s “The Black Jug”.

Mike

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: Place for lunch....

Hi, hope i'm not too late in answering this.

1. Yes, there are direct trains from Gatwick to Horsham which take about 20mins.

2. There are countless places to eat. Pub choices include the Black Jug as already mentioned (near the station too) or the Olive Branch. Alternatively there are lots and lots of restaurants. Head for East Street (nicknamed "Eat Street" locally which probably tells you everything you need to know) or alternatively a couple of options (Bills and an Argentinian Steakhouse in Market Square).

If by "lunch" you'd prefer something a bit more "afternoon tea" then there is a place called Artisan Patisserie (next door to the Argentinian Steakhouse in Market Square) or "Pretty Things" in Park Place just off East Street.

Hope i'm not too late and hope this is useful!

Buckingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Buckinghamshire, Somme, Winchester
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
2,112 reviews
3. Re: Place for lunch....

Ive stopped at The Anchor before, nice food, great Ales - pleasant outside seating.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
264 reviews
4. Re: Place for lunch....

Artisan, Lemongrass and Buenos Aries are my top three. Average fish and chips from Deep Blue if you can put up with the indifferent service.

Reply to: Place for lunch....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Horsham