We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth 400 mile drive for the Chessington Christmas?

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
76 posts
47 reviews
Is it worth 400 mile drive for the Chessington Christmas?

Hi all,

I am struggling for ideas for what to do for Christmas for my 1yo and 5yo daughters for Christmas and Chessington World of Adventures looks ok - the sleep over thing.

I've never been to Chessington and am asking a frank question here, is it worth a 400 mile round trip for this activity from people who've done it?

3 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
790 posts
79 reviews
1. Re: Is it worth 400 mile drive for the Chessington Christmas?

For children that young and especially the 1 year old I really wouldn't say it was worth it. Reasons being: children that young tend to hate long car journeys (I know I did), there are often minimum height restrictions on rides at theme parks so its possible the 1 year old might not be big enough to go on them and you might find the 1 year old is scared of father christmas (my 1 year old cousin was). At that age they should be more than happy to just open some presents at home IMO.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
15,532 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Is it worth 400 mile drive for the Chessington Christmas?

And Stoke-on-Trent probably has some Christmassy events you can get to more cheaply and easily, then take the little darlings home when they get tired.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,642 posts
303 reviews
3. Re: Is it worth 400 mile drive for the Chessington Christmas?

Alton Towers is a lot nearer, but perhaps you have already been there?

https:/…

Reply to: Is it worth 400 mile drive for the Chessington Christmas?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chessington