We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nervous mum of teens - first time to Alcudia

Glasgow, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Nervous mum of teens - first time to Alcudia

I know this may sound silly but we live in a rural part of Scotland and this is our first time in a big holiday resort - mostly because our teens are now 14,16,17 and need entertainment and to spread their wings a little. How safe is Alcudia for them particularly in the evening? Thank you for any help or words of wisdom.

4 replies to this topic
Newport, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nervous mum of teens - first time to Alcudia

Hi Ginger, in my eyes the resort is very safe. lots of friendly family bars spread about, especially on the 'strip'. Depending on what they are into they may even find it a little quiet, as there are not a great deal of disco style bars with DJ's such as you may find in other resorts. A few bars will have live entertainment e.g. a guitarist, hypnotist, live singer etc. (see a recent post on this board for further details). But all seems to wind down towards midnight, possibly due to the large percentage of families There are a few bars aimed at younger crowds e.g. Goodfellas which they may enjoy (details elsewhere on here), plus another bar which was on the canal next to Jokers which had loud music every night. These are open till the early hours. I believe there is a nightclub or 2 dotted about but never really heard or seen them?? Plenty of daytime activities and day trips available to keep them entertained, and the beach is great!

It is a very laid back resort in my eyes.

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nervous mum of teens - first time to Alcudia

Hi i totally agree with amines2058 that it is a safe resort. I have been taking my children here since they were very small and they have passed through their teenage years in this resort also. In fact we have also brought their friends with us also. The bars that the teenagers frequent are indeed Goodfellas and The Prince of Wales (i think this may be the bar amines is referring which is in the same row as Jokers). Both staying open until 2 or 3 a.m. I know there is also a nightclub a little further down the main road (about a 15 minute walk - I believe my son gave my daughter a piggy back from this night club one evening when she couldn't be bothered walking!!!) but they didn't go there until they were a little older. Although my son was 17 at the time my daughter was 21 and her 21 year old friend was also with them. Indeed there are lots of family friendly bars (Allstars being my favourite) and most have pool tables and air hockey tables that the kids can use. Allstars is situated beside an arcade so you could sit and have a drink while the kids enjoy spending your euros!!! lol. I will ask my daughter to reply to this post as she has first hand experience. My husband and myself would usually have sat in another bar to give the kids their freedom but yet we were still close enough should they have needed us.

Glasgow, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nervous mum of teens - first time to Alcudia

Thank you - reassuring !

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nervous mum of teens - first time to Alcudia

BTW when you get there you'll see that Allstars is on one side of the Bridge and the Prince of Wales is on the other. So, you could either sit there or sit in the Queen Victoria which is 2 or 3 doors down from the Prince of Wales and that way you're "keeping an eye but not keeping an eye". Perhaps your teenagers won't want the whole nightclub experience and will be happy to sit in the family bars, watching sports on TV; playing pool/air hockey and spending money in the arcades. I must admit that my two met friends every year whom they spent time with. Its that type of resort!

Reply to: Nervous mum of teens - first time to Alcudia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port d'Alcudia
Recent Conversations