We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Impulse booking October

Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Impulse booking October

Hi can you offer advice please I booked flights 17-23 October after reviewing weather temperatures on wunderground which appeared to be ok and warm enough to stroll around?

I choose Palma nova as I have never been but thinking it would have easy access to Palma for sight seeing, and possible public transport to other resorts on Majorica.

From what I have read since October sounds to be wet and cold, and implies the majority of the bars and restaurants close down with the season been at its end? Is that both Palma Nova and Malaga

Any advice welcomed,

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Impulse booking October

October is normally fine, certainly not wet and cold but it can be changeable. You can get some pretty violent thunderstorms but theyre usually short lived, a few hours, not days on end unless youre extremely unlucky. Temps will be low to mid 20's and when the suns out it will be warm enough for the beach. Evenings will be getting chilly though so go prepared. The end of the season is after school half term, which is generally the week after the one you have booked so things will still be open, it wont be anywhere near mid summer busy, but it wont be closed up either. Bus services are fine for Palma.

Malaga is a city so doesnt close full stop, not sure why youre comparing the two as theyre really very different places.

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Impulse booking October

Thank you for your speedy response brain not in gear this morning I was trying to type Magaluf !!!

Arygll
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Impulse booking October

Youll be fine weather wise. Aparhotel aqua sol is cheap and 5 mins from palma nova beach. 10 mins walk to the busy part and into Magaluf.

Mentioned in this post
Magaluf
Magaluf
Majorca, Spain
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Impulse booking October

Thx for the advise and reassurance Chris

Dumfries, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Impulse booking October

Mid October is a nice time to visit Palmanova, as stated weather can be a bit iffy but usually still warm. Most bars etc don't close til the end of October so no worries there.

Mentioned in this post
Palmanova
Palmanova
Majorca, Spain
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Impulse booking October

Thanks for taking the time to reply on Monday was ready to cancel the flights but now looking forward to the break!

7. Re: Impulse booking October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2017, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova