We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PN in January

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,487 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
PN in January

Yes I know it's not a month that most people think of going, but I just booked (y'day) a weekend there for the middle of January, E'Jet return from Gatwick was a silly £44 each, so with a hotel for a night at £30 and a car for the weekend at £30 (Vanrell) it's change out of £75 each for a weekend break.

Hotel, dinner and show in London is double that lol

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
6,512 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PN in January

Silly cheap, which hotel are you staying at?

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: PN in January

Should be OK. I would have chosen palma (no need for a car, 10x the activity and choices), but palmanova doesn't really close... So...

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PN in January

That's a great price Mark but it got me thinking about "deals" I've managed to get in the past...Now admittedly being in the trade is a massive advantage but I've done a weekend in Kuala Lumpur for £99.00, flights to Melbourne for £109.00 and probably the daftest trip I've ever done was 3 days in Brisbane for £89.00 !...This was in the days when BA used to literally give seats away to us at short notice (sadly long gone)..I have also used EasyJet to Nice and Barcelona in January for well under £50.00 without luggage..I would always do a city in winter myself but a holiday is what you make of it

Edited: 29 October 2015, 02:38
Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PN in January

Welcome back to this forum KJ.Where have you been all this time?

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PN in January

Thanks WS ! I've had some health issues so TA hasn't been my priority recently however it's nice to be back.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,487 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PN in January

Trinet, we picked the Vistasol, 1) it's cheap 2) has an indoor pool 3) central location

A bit of thinking beforehand and I would have discovered that I could have had a free night at the Tryp (Sol Melia group) in Palma by using my loyalty points. Oh well...

Yes we considered Palma but we have friends in the PN/Calvia area, also like walking the beaches around there in the winter when they are deserted, it's completely different from the summer and it's relaxing in a 'back to nature' type of way.

That's some good deals KJ lol, in the early 90's I bagged a 10 night fly drive to Florida for £149 each, think thats the cheapest deal (mile for mile) that I've ever got lol

Mentioned in this post
Calvia
Calvia
Majorca, Spain
wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PN in January

Yes Mark at those prices you can't ignore such a bargain.Just wondering if it would depress me seeing PN so desolate out of season with so many fave haunts shuttered.Btw Thomson have just put some bargain prices online for package holidays to the excellent Hotel Son Matias in PN for when it reopens early March 2016. Like under £350 pp for a week for a complete HB package.I will hang on for when they put that hotel on the website Accommodation-Only around that time and I can book my own flights.That is what I did this year.

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PN in January

hi mark,how's you and jan,well i hope.

jan and i are looking at a short break about the 20th march,so we too are looking for a deal at the son matias.

nothing coming up yet for hotel only deals,can you remember what time of year they pop up !!

we will probably do a 3/4 night,got good flights which we will sit down and book this weekend.

give us a nod if anything comes mark.

diolch boyo,lol.

Edited: 07 November 2015, 00:26
Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,487 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PN in January

Why aye boyo :-)

Still laugh looking at the video of your mrs and me having a boogie on the frontage of the piano bar :-)

Good times mate.

Yes I'll keep an eye out for the Son Mat early doors deals mate, wirrral is the man for that one though.

All the best...

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PN in January

cheers mark.

yes you are right wirral is on the ball re the deals at the son matias.

ihope he spots this post and let's hope he keeps us all up to date.

thank you wirral,i hope all is well with you.

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova