We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Record Go fuel policy

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,668 posts
100 reviews
Record Go fuel policy

They've changed it again for the summer season!

They are now effectively offering full/full, by slipping in a fuel check charge (non refundable) of €24.

So if you return it full you get whatever fuel charge they added on, refunded.

So it goes: Hire cost (1). Fuel check €24 (2). Optional Comfort plus insurance, or €700 deposit. (3)

Refundable fuel charge (varies depending on vehicle class hired (4) - all added together.

I've just hired for 5 days next week, with all the above, for €190, with approx €85 to be refunded for returning it full. For a Ford Focus (D) class vehicle.

So about £85 with full no nonsense insurance. No scratches to be checked á lá OK car hire.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
1. Re: Record Go fuel policy

Dare I say mark that sounds almost too good to be true 18 euros a day all found at summer rates.Anyway knowing you I am sure you will let us know after the event.Hope you don't have to spend a long time in the queue.With rates like that they are likely to have more customers than most of the on-airport hirers.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,668 posts
100 reviews
2. Re: Record Go fuel policy

The €190 all in charge also includes the express line check in wirral, so we'll see.

I booked it over the phone (as the counter girl previously advised) because as a returning customer you get a slightly better rate.

It depends on what fuel has been added on really (refund wise) as the cost of fuel in a D class vehicle differs if it's a diesel. But if it's €85 refunded (middle costing as per the list on their website) then it'll be €105 for 5 days, so €21 a day. Just over £17 a day at current exchange rates.

Wish I'd done a dummy booking on Sixt now just to see.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
3. Re: Record Go fuel policy

Sixt would be 50% more than 105 euros I wager.But I haven't done a dummy booking either.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,668 posts
100 reviews
4. Re: Record Go fuel policy

It comes in at €240 pretty much mate. (Sixt) I can't get like for like as they don't do manual Focus, so that's on an Audi A1. But not sure of the fuel sitch on that. If it's regular full/full then they'll be no rebate like the Record price, which upon reading the small print more thoroughly might just be €70 (depending on the *exact* up front charge).

Which would still work out at €120 all in. Pretty much half the price.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,668 posts
100 reviews
5. Re: Record Go fuel policy

In fact an A1 is only one suitcase so have gone up to a Golf (2 cases) which is €250 :-(

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,668 posts
100 reviews
6. Re: Record Go fuel policy

I could have got the Record price cheaper if I'd wanted to squeeze 4 of us, and 4 cases, into a Fiesta.

Don't think so lol

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
7. Re: Record Go fuel policy

Got to credit these Record guys for their ingenuity.You can have full/full fuel but it costs you 24 euros for us to check the tank is full on return.I suppose this is a change from having blatantly higher rental charge for full/full than full/empty (all other factors being equal) where there is the option.

But as we all know it's the eventual bottom line cost that counts and nobody can work that out prior to pick up.4 pax and 4 cases plus hand luggage a Focus is the very smallest you would consider.Last 2 hires from Sixt I had a Polo which would not be anywhere near big enough.Audi is a prestige brand but being a German company one can see why they have mainly VAG and BMW vehicles in their PMI fleet.

Btw I did hire a Hyundai i30 from Centauro and that was ace.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,668 posts
100 reviews
8. Re: Record Go fuel policy

The story and the breakdown for you Wirral. (and others of course lol)

The regular queue at PMI was about 8 - 10 people long both sides of arrivals hall, the express lane had one person at the desk both sides. I went to the 'outside' side while the girls got the cases off the conveyor.

I'd booked a D class vehicle - supposedly a Focus - but the guy said there's none ready so would a E class vehicle - a brand new Peugeot 3308 with just 1500 km on the clock - be ok? Not knowing the vehicle I just said ok figuring a next class up would be ok. It was a diesel and the fuel charge was separate at €80.34.

Being the next class up I was expecting a heavier fuel cost than that, so that was ok.

Anyhow, the total charged to my card was €202.40, which included the comfort plus package which is the windscreens & tyres covered etc etc

Girls came out with the cases at about the same time so a stroll across the road and started loading the car up, which was a beaut! A jeep style SUV. However, unbelievably, as we closed the lower rear tailgate (it's in two sections) the number plate fell off! OMG... lol so went back to the desk and they didn't have a maintenance guy on hand so they quickly found me a brand new Ford C-Max (Diesel) with 2500 km on the clock.

Pic here: http://imageshack.com/a/img844/9083/2eg1.jpg

Loaded up into that and away we went.

No probs during the hire, we went up to Cap Falcao (just past Cala Vinyes) one day, it's a dirt track down to the beach, so the car got filthy dusty, I returned it like that.

I didn't bother topping the tank up so returned it with between 3/4 and 7/8 of a tank left.

The €202 first charge equates to £169.26 on my card as I can check the balance over the phone.

But I've also had an email saying that I've had a €71.47 fuel refund since returning, this equates to approx £58.

So all in, the hire has cost me £111 approx.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
9. Re: Record Go fuel policy

Can't complain at/match that at this time of year.Thanks for posting.New vehicles too.Our forum pals, the regulars in Cala d'Or will be decking this I am sure.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,668 posts
100 reviews
10. Re: Record Go fuel policy

Both Paul and Mac use Record a lot so don't think they'll be any surprises. But refunding money on an unused portion of a full tank is a vote winner, for sure.

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations