We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Click and rent car hire

Blackwood, Wales
Level Contributor
108 posts
12 reviews
Click and rent car hire

Apologies if this has already been asked but has anyone any comments regarding this company.

Thanks in advance.

86 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Click and rent car hire

I used them a couple of weeks ago and am currently in a dispute with them over the €92 they charged me on arrival at the airport for a tank of fuel that I didn't want. There's no mention of this charge or policy in my booking or their T's & C's so I'm in the process of trying to extract a refund from them for the fuel that I've actually used. They are, quite frankly, being utterly uncooperative and bullish about the situation. I will continue to persevere with my claim for a refund for as long as it takes, and regardless of the outcome, won't be using them again! TIP: Watch out for hidden charges.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
6,884 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Click and rent car hire

All of the hire companies supply the car full, they wont give you it for free, they all charge up front and refund when the car is returned full, otherwise you could just return the car empty at their expense, did this not occur to you?. This practice is perfectly normal but you need to look for ones that have a full/full policy so you get it refunded when you return the car topped up.

Maidenhead, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Click and rent car hire

semajb01 ....

Can't understand why you were surprised by the fuel charge - it is the FAQs and the T & Cs........ I quote ...

Fuel policy

Vehicles are delivered with a full tank of fuel. The cost of which shall be billed to the client upon delivery of the vehicle, which shall be returned with an empty tank, but above the reserve level.

For reservations lasting less than four days, the vehicle shall be delivered with a full tank of fuel and must be returned full. In the event of less fuel, the client must pay for the cost of the fuel and a refuelling supplement.

These prices do NOT include

Fuel

Damage caused by vandalism

Loss of keys or vehicle accessories (tray, spare tire...)

..... so they are not really hidden

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Click and rent car hire

Precisely - information regarding the fuel policy is contained within the 'FAQ's' on the website, not within my booking nor the website Terms & Conditions. I didn't look at the 'FAQ's' because I didn't have any! I assumed (silly me) that the terms of the booking would have been outlined in my booking confirmation, which I thought it was, in the context that you outlined above: "These prices do NOT include: Fuel". This is exactly what I thought I'd booked - 'no fuel' - as I wanted to provide my own. Bottom line is that Click & Rent's booking terms & conditions are misleading & misrepresentative, and as a customer I did not expect to financially suffer because of this. As of today Click & Rent have shown ZERO interest in settling this with me, even though I've offered to pay for the fuel used. I read on this site earlier that such profiteering is outlawed by EU statute so I will be seeking further legal advice.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
5. Re: Click and rent car hire

We have just had a very bad experience with Click and Rent Majorca. We had taken out the additional insurance cover as advised by Do you Spain.We had a small accident in the car no-one else was involved but the car was damaged. We phoned Click and Rent for advise. They told us that as we had the "gold cover" we could return the car and swap it. Also that we did not require A Police report as no other vehicle was involved.

We went to the depot to swap the car on the 5th Oct which went smoothly no one told us there was a problem. We left to continue our holiday in the replacement car. On the 9th Oct my credit card was charged without my knowledge £1345.00. This was not even mentioned when we returned the second car 2 days later. I have tried to get them to accept responsibility for the advice given and for letting us go without getting the correct paperwork and for not telling me a charge had been made but after many phone calls being cut off and generally fobbed off I was told that as we hadn't got a police report - which by law we didn't need- we will have to pay. They have sent me an invoice from themselves. So what was all the insurance cover for?

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,293 posts
121 reviews
6. Re: Click and rent car hire

As soon as you mentioned Do You Spain, it all made sense. Their so called 'fully comprehensive' insurance does not provide the full cover you were expecting and as such is virtually useless in this kind of situation.

Do You Spain also deal with OK Rent a Car not only in Majorca but also on the main land. Just google them and see all the hundreds of horror stories similar if not worse than your own.

Steer clear of the car hire agents, get advice from regular travellers on forums such as TA who will steer you towards the reliable and honest (they do exist) companies.

Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Click and rent car hire

Dont normally write on these forums but have to say I had a good experience with click and rent Mallorca. On most car rental booking engines you can filter out the "bad" fuel policy contracts. In the case of Click and rent they offer both types of contract one is much cheaper so one could apply the you get what you pay for adage. Fulll/full contract will save you at least 50 Euros since they always charge about 100 for a full tank that would cost you only 50 at the pump.

As for their insurance CarDelMar made it clear we had the full coverage with them not Click and Rent thus there was no need to get any policy from them. I anyway booked with my Amex gold card which has some car rental insurance included - excess is around 600 euro so I guess they would have come into effect if I had your situation. One other tip in Iberia if you dont have insurance is to get the car fixed yourself the mecanics you can find will cost much less than the ones the the companies themselves will use.

Edited: 25 November 2014, 02:02
Milton Keynes...
1 post
1 review
8. Re: Click and rent car hire

HI,

Just got back from Mallorca, where we have used Click&rent services. Would NOT recommend this company to anyone. This is the company that scams people in every possible way. DO NOT use it. We had to pay £135 pound for the damage that's clearly been done on purpose by someone (would even dare to say from the company itself) during the stay at the museum. There is a long story behind this short explanation, nevertheless, the point is that i won't be using this company never again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

Breda
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
9. Re: Click and rent car hire

Had similar experience with Click&Rent last week, unclear fuel conditions and no upfront rates are shown. They can charge what ever they like. 80 euros in my case for a smallest car you can rent. A bit overdone. Also return the car outisde mentioend hours is not for free. They charge you in Valencia for another 30 euros !

Will never use this car rental service again as you never know where you are standing when renting a car. Car was rented through DoYouSpain who hasn't been clear on the the conditions either.

Denmark
2 posts
1 review
10. Re: Click and rent car hire

Any recent experiences? Economycarhire.com has an offer with them.

Reply to: Click and rent car hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations