We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

singer jos monro

Lisburn, Northern...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
singer jos monro

does anyone know if jos monroe still owns a bar and sings in it

Max Garden
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Mediterranean, International, Healthy
The Olive Tree Mallorca
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Bar, Spanish
Muell3
₹, Bar, Mediterranean, European
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
293 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: singer jos monro

The Sunset Bar on the beachfront at the quiet end of Palma Nova (past Golf Fantasia) has a chalkboard outside advertising that Jos Monroe sings there every night.

Mentioned in this post
Sunset Bar
Sunset Bar
83 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Golf Fantasia
Golf Fantasia
1,911 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: singer jos monro

Is this the guy who used to own Monroes music bar ?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
293 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: singer jos monro

Not sure about that. We never went in, but we walked past it every day and there were always Jos Monroe signs outside. There's another bar opposite the Cala Blanca hotel called Monroes.

durham
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: singer jos monro

hes on at the sunset bar every night ( terrible )

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: singer jos monro

He is no longer singing at the Sunset Bar - some of my family members are very big fans of his and see him every year and have become friends. His wife still works there but he has moved his gigs to a place called the Pickwick which is going out towards the edge of the Magaluf area. I ended up in Palma just recently and my family dragged me to see him - have to say he was a very good singer, spot on Neil Diamond act but sings a lot of stuff that gets everyone up and singing/dancing along. Shame the Pickwick is bang smack in an awful place and in itself is pretty dire but because Jos was singing then his "fans" all turned up to support him so they made the atmosphere better than it would otherwise have been.

Mentioned in this post
Sunset Bar
Sunset Bar
83 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Magaluf
Magaluf
Majorca, Spain
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: singer jos monro

was trying to contact Jos for a friend of mind but had no luck any ideas where I can contact him She hasn't seen him for a lot of years and would love even a photograph of him as she was a good friend of his in Edinburgh all those years ago

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
7. Re: singer jos monro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations