We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Son Matias Beach - junior suites

scotland
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
Son Matias Beach - junior suites

Hi, going to book for Son Matias Beach hotel for August. Dont know whether to pay extra for a junior suite instead of just a double room. My husband walks on crutches and I believe that some of the junior suites have wet rooms instead of a bath which would be better for him. If anyone has stayed in the junior suites I woud appreciate any help you can give

Thanks

Eve

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Son Matias Beach - junior suites

hi eve

i'm afraid i don't have much info for you as we have never used they junior suites.

i can give you the hotels website which shows the wet rooms,though you may have aready seen them.

i can also give you the price list for mobility scooters should you decide you may want to hire some.

sorry this is not much help to you,let's hope someone comes along with the desired info for you

jozef

http://www.matiasbeach.com/

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
800 posts
66 reviews
2. Re: Son Matias Beach - junior suites

Just to add a little to what yozef has already said , I am sure it says on their website that they have some adapted rooms with walk in showers . But I agree with yozef just drop them an email and I'm sure the staff will be more than helpful !

I'm actually going back to the hotel next week and will be more than happy to check anything out for you while I'm there !

I'm sure you will love the hotel oh and the surrounding area is nice and flat too for easy walking .

Hope you manage to get a suitable room .

scotland
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Son Matias Beach - junior suites

Hi Josef,

good of you to reply. I have been on hotel website and I have emailed them and they recommend a junior suite, they told me they have 3 suites "adapted". I think this is what I will book but was curious to know if anyone had actually stayed in the suites. Will probably book tomorrow and then I can come on the forum after we have been and let others know!

Will probably take husbands mobility scooter with us but thanks for letting me know that you have a price list, will maybe come back on at a later date and ask you for it

Regards Eve

scotland
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Son Matias Beach - junior suites

Thanks Happycruzer

Thats kind of you, will look forward to hearing how you get on next week but I am sure I will be booking a suite.

Glad the surrounding area is flat, a lot easier for getting around

I hope the people over there are as helpful as people on this forum LOL

Regards and hope the sun shines for you

Eve

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
800 posts
66 reviews
5. Re: Son Matias Beach - junior suites

Hi Eve, glad you got the info you needed to help you make your decision.

As I said we're heading out there next week so if there is anything that you'd like me to check or find out for you I'll be more than happy to do so.

Just let me know if you think of anything.

Regards Happycruzer

England
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Son Matias Beach - junior suites

Hi, We had a junior suite last year and have booked another for this summer. We think that for the small extra cost it is well worth it. Our bathroom was not a wet room , but as the hotel says they only have 3 suites with wet rooms, I am sure that if you email them and explain that you need one they will do everything they can to help.

The main bonus we found is the amount of floorspace you have in a suite, you are not falling over each other! and also they have a larger TV than the normal rooms which is on a swiveling arm so you can swivel it to watch in bed or swivel it to watch on the settee.

The balcony also has 2 easy chairs (plus the normal table and chairs) and surrounds the front corner of the hotel so you get more sun and an all round view.

We have stayed previously in a normal room and found it to be really nice but now we have stayed in a suite we would not consider staying in a normal room.

The extra cost is well worth it.

scotland
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Son Matias Beach - junior suites

Thanks MrIanDEngland,

Booked a suite couple of days ago, thanks for your comments, emailed the hotel and asked if possible coud we please have a wet room, so hopefully but not the end of the world LOL

8. Re: Son Matias Beach - junior suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:46
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations