We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of a taxi from Palma Nova to Palma / Frequency of buses

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of a taxi from Palma Nova to Palma / Frequency of buses

Hello!

We are staying at the Tropico Playa (opposite McDonalds I think) and are hoping to go into Palma itself a few times?

Does anyone know the cost of a taxi, how frequent the buses run, or where the buses are?

I love Palma - it's my favourite place and know it reasonably well - so was hoping to spend half our time there, but in the past have stayed in Palma itself, so have gone with Palma Nova this time to satisfy the mans need for Sports Bars!

Thank you in advance!

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of a taxi from Palma Nova to Palma / Frequency of buses

Its around 15 euros to Palma, depending on where you are heading in the city.

The buses run very regularly they go along the front and you can catch them atr the main stop between the two beaches.

You can also get a boat from Palma Nova in to Palma, which is a lovely way to get there.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,551 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of a taxi from Palma Nova to Palma / Frequency of buses

Yes, €15 - €20 taxi price to Palma.

Last years lampost price was €18 to Palma Centro:

www.servimg.com/image_preview.php…

Buses run every hour at least during the day. Bus stop right outside the Tropico.

Nearest Sports bar is Cheeks, turn right outside the hotel, approx 100 yards on right, - although the TV by the pool bar in the Tropico shows Sky Sports.

cork ireland
Level Contributor
655 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of a taxi from Palma Nova to Palma / Frequency of buses

emtpalma.es/EMTPalma/…listadolineas.en.svr

The above link is to the local buses for Palma City and surrounding areas.

Edited: 23 April 2012, 12:30
Portals Nous, Spain
Level Contributor
338 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of a taxi from Palma Nova to Palma / Frequency of buses

http://www.consorcidetransports.org/web/ctm this gives you all the timetables.

Port Talbot, United...
Level Contributor
346 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of a taxi from Palma Nova to Palma / Frequency of buses

How much is it on the bus please ???

Portals Nous, Spain
Level Contributor
338 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of a taxi from Palma Nova to Palma / Frequency of buses

http://www.consorcidetransports.org/web/ctm this gives you all the timetables.

Approx 1.80 each way from Palma Nova.

Edited: 23 April 2012, 20:10
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of a taxi from Palma Nova to Palma / Frequency of buses

That's absolutely brilliant, thank you all!

We thought we would try the bus there and taxi back - though I definately want to get the boat at least once.

We have changed hotels now to the Sol Cala Blanca (with less than two weeks to go, but I think Jet2 have had some complaints about the hotel not having rooms so after a bit of persuasion they agreed, albeit at a bit more cost!).

Love this forum - very useful and helpful!x

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
2,779 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of a taxi from Palma Nova to Palma / Frequency of buses

I'm staying in Palma Nova and we are planning on getting a bus to Palma centre and then a taxi back at about 10pm. Would €25 def cover the taxi back or could it be near to €30?

Thanks

Portals Nous, Spain
Level Contributor
338 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of a taxi from Palma Nova to Palma / Frequency of buses

I would suggest you take the EMT airport bus no.1 to Palma 2.50 euros pp and get off the bus just before it enters Palma city centre. The sea will be on your left and as the bus turns up to the right get off there. There is a Repsol petrol station in the middle of the road. Cross the road at the petrol station. There is a bus shelter for the EMT city buses and about 20 meters down from that is the TIB red bus stop check the timetable and see if there is any buses still running at that time you can get a 104 or a 106 and the cost is approx 1.80pp to Palma Nova. I have already put a link to the TIB bus schedule further up. If there isn't any buses you will be able to flag a taxi down from the bus stop easily and it should be around 25 euros which would be less than getting a taxi from the city centre.

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
2,779 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of a taxi from Palma Nova to Palma / Frequency of buses

Cheers. I'd had it in my head that it'd be about €40 but I'd forgot that was from the airport so anything under €30 is a bonus! We always used to leave about 6pm and get the bus from the terminal but I know they become less frequent after 6pm and i don't fancy walking through the park for the last bus and it being rammed!

Ta

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations