We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody been to Ponent Mar?

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Anybody been to Ponent Mar?

Hi all

My questions are: I'm interested in this hotel, but wondered if anybody knew what the child age limit is. My son is 12 and I don't want to be paying adult prices for him. (We would be staying half board if that makes a difference). I have seen on some web pages it is 11 and on some it's 12, but I need confirmation.

Also, what is the evening entertainment like (in June, or possibly September). I've read that it's not very good. What sort of things do they do, is it good for kids as well as adults.

Thank you in advance

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody been to Ponent Mar?

Hi

Sorry, but I forgot to ask in my earlier post - does anybody know how much it costs for a safe?

Thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody been to Ponent Mar?

A safe cost us about twenty euros for 12 days. There was a refundable deposit when you gave the key back but I can't remember the exact cost. Worth it though.

We were there is July. The entertainment during the day was aimed at kids - various activities for a couple of hours in the morning, then something in the afternoon.

The entertainment was varied - in content and quality. There were Majorcan dancers one night, Flamenco dancers another night (brilliant), and one night there were two blokes - one with a keyboard and the other with a violin. I don't think they were meant to be a comedy act, but we got a laugh before leaving for the pub round the corner! There was a snake show, karaoke, and other stuff you'd expect. There are other places which will undoubtedly have better entertainment, but we like going out in the evening for a wander, so entertainment wasn't a priority for us when choosing this hotel. The clientele of the hotel are all nationalities - UK, Scandinavian and Spanish mostly, so it's not the 'bingo then a hypnotist' type entertainment that a lot of other places have.

The stadium bar is a 10 minute walk away - great tribute acts every night. My son still thinks it was the real Michael Buble!

Hope this helps!

3. Re: Anybody been to Ponent Mar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 14:46
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations