We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel gym

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
hotel gym

does anybody know which hotels have the best gyms? looking for 1 with more resistance machines and free weights as opposed to cardio stuff (treadmills, bikes)

also is it possible to just turn up and pay to use it if youre not staying there as i am moving to the area for 6 months and need a gym.

thankyou

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel gym

someone please help!!

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,555 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel gym

Sol Antillas (Magaluf) probably has the best of the bunch.

Picture on the website:

solmelia.com/hotels/…accomodation.htm

The area in general isn't really a hot spot for travellers that have personal fitness and well being as priorities. No external gym clubs due to no winter season.

I don't know the hotels policy on 'turn up and pay' for the gym. The entrance doors (and internal doors) have swipe cards that guests with rooms have. So you can't just walk in.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,555 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel gym

I forgot, there is a gym actually in Magaluf, it's called the Radikal, it's under the Sol y Vera Apartments, round the back of the Guadalupe.

Can't give any info on it, except that it exists.

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel gym

my mate used it mark when he was there and rated it ok.

i gave it the once over and it looked fine.

i know my mate paid on a daily basis and was happy with the equipment

Edited: 29 February 2012, 02:33
Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,555 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel gym

It might be better to join Yozef, as the OP is going for 6 months, rather than pay a daily charge?

I've no info on what that might be though.

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel gym

yes good shout mark.

i will try to find out when i'm there again end of march what sort of price we are looking at.

btw did i tell you woody's has moved to palma nova?

he's at the bar olas,the bar thar was owned by jeanie & graham.

woody's old place in maga is empty atm

Ireland
Level Contributor
216 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel gym

does anyone know if they sell protein powder at the gym thats been mentioned above or of anywhere else I can buy it as it uses up alot of weight when bringing it in suitcases,would be great if anyone can give any info ,ie costs and amount. Thanks

Portals Nous, Spain
Level Contributor
339 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel gym

There is a gym above Mercadonna in Son Caliu called Viva Sport they offer weekly/monthly memberships and they sell various protein powders etc. It is a small gym but well equipped.

Ireland
Level Contributor
216 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel gym

thanks for that info.will go look it up now.

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel gym

i was wondering the same, im going for 6 months too, and dont wanna loose any mass whilst out there!! im bringing a kilo of whey protein in my suitcase which will hopefully last me a couple of weeks haha

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations