We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palmanova- budget accom for 2 adults & 2 teens

cornwall
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Palmanova- budget accom for 2 adults & 2 teens

I am looking at going to Majorca with a friend & two 13yr olds, Palmanova has been recommended- I was looking at Hawaii Torrenova but was advised it was too near Maguluf?(too noisy at night ) I am looking for somewhere near beach , with decent pool & a bit lively , but do need a few hours kip a night , so was thinking of Aquasol or Aquabeach? Friend wants AI but trying to persuade her otherwise, any suggestions- lively , but not manic, near beach , with a bit of entertainment?

Mentioned in this post
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Palmanova
Palmanova
Majorca, Spain
wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palmanova- budget accom for 2 adults & 2 teens

The best AI prices/quality imo are at H Sol Mirlos/Tordos.You can get plenty sleep there.I have stahed there the last 2 years and probably again in 2012.

If you want cheap but convenient then take a look at H Bahia Palmanova.But Hawaii is far enough away from Magalluf and if you fancy it and can afford it I say go for it.Wonderful location if you don't mind the Torrenova hill.Lots of entertainment in Palma Nova you don't have to depend on the hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Palmanova
Palmanova
Majorca, Spain
Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,421 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palmanova- budget accom for 2 adults & 2 teens

When are you planning to go?

Hawaii is only subject to OTT noise in the peak summer months.

But there are limitation to 4 in a room. It's available, but not many. Same with Mirlos/Tordos. There are family rooms, but you need to get in quick.

You might need to go S/C. There are a host of choices if you decide that route.

I wrote a review on Hawaii some years ago. The Jungle Bar referred to has gone now.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g580306-d5…

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palmanova- budget accom for 2 adults & 2 teens

helb368,

I see your friend fancies A/I and your not keen

can I advise you to check out some prices, you could be pleasantly surprised by how little extra you actually pay, and the overall savings can be well worth paying such a small extra cost

believe me when I say a number of years ago we booked into the sol mirlos/tordos on H/B after a bit of a b@lls up in reception we where booked in on A/I, after a few days we got rumbled, however we where well impressed with the difference (and the savings) and have been on A/I ever since and always advise others to do the same

I've just checked some figures for you

at SOl Mirlos/Tordos in Mid July for 11 nights it worked out at £95.02 per night or £1.045.22 for 1 adult & 1 child aged 14

could get a price for H/B although from past experience it wouldn't be that much cheaper

however at a nearby sol hotel,at the Hotel sol Magaluff Park

for the same dates & 1 adult & 1 child

for H/B its 73.22 per night ((£805.39)

for A/I its £97.05 per night (£1067.61)

a difference of £23.83 per day, you would probably pay £10-20 for lunch alone (for 2) add to this drinks all day in the hotel (a pint of local lager in hotel costs roughly 3 or 4 euro's) a difference of £23 is a bargain

depending on when you actually want to travel these prices could be even cheaper

cornwall
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palmanova- budget accom for 2 adults & 2 teens

thanks for your help- we are looking at going 1st week aug so I guess Hawaii will be quite noisy? I am just ot sure about AI as there arent many places to choose from in our price range - have to hurry up & decided before flights go up !!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palmanova- budget accom for 2 adults & 2 teens

Book your flights now.Booking the hotel can follow.Flights are the first component of a DIY holiday to book.Many hotel options-few flight options.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palmanova- budget accom for 2 adults & 2 teens

Never stayed there, so haven't a clue what it's like, but the Mimosa Park is very quiet, whcih naturally means it's also quite a trek into Magalluf or Palma Nova.

Don't forget that wherever you stay you can be woken up by other noisy Hotel guests. The Hawaii is set quite high up, so it's not that bad, and the real noise doesn't start until the early hours, by which time you'll probably be asleep.

Just picking up on an earlier point - the prices have dropped dramatically as Bars and Restaurants try and compete with All Inclusive - many Bars offer 1€ a pint out of season, and not much more during the season, and many restaurants offer Buffet options or meal deals for as little as a fiver a time. Do you really want to spend every night in the same Hotel bar with the same people drinking the same (often not very nice) drinks?

You pays your money and you takes your choice, but all inclusive is killing some resorts.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,421 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palmanova- budget accom for 2 adults & 2 teens

I agree with WS, book your flights now. Plenty of time to book accomodation.

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palmanova- budget accom for 2 adults & 2 teens

I was looking for a decent but reasonable priced hotel for all inc for my family for two weeks in August and I have just booked the Hawaii Torrenova. I just hope I haven't made a mistake though as I don't want anywhere loud of a night!!! I did look at the reviews for the school summer hols 2011 on here and also on travel republic and alpharooms there are good informative reviews too and no one was complaining about night noise, some said in their reviews that there was a security person in place to ensure there is no noise and the vast majority were families there. Fingers crossed it's the same this August!

birmingham
Level Contributor
163 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palmanova- budget accom for 2 adults & 2 teens

Hi Alison,

We have stayed in the Hotel Hawaii many times in peak season and have never been bothered by any noise in the hotel and yes security is quite strict there on residents being rowdy-you have nothing to worry about.

We have also not heard much noise from outside either so again nothing to worry about.

You will love the Hawaii.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palmanova- budget accom for 2 adults & 2 teens

helb,i understand why people go a/i,but i am with majorcabound on this one,palma nova and magalluf are so nice i would hate to be stuck in a hotel for all my holiday,yes it can be expensive when eating out and drinking on holiday,but it can also be very cheap as well with lots of cheap food and drinks around the area,hope whatever you choose you all have a great time

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations