We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 star in palma nova

suffolk
Level Contributor
793 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
4 star in palma nova

Anyone able to help with a suggestion for a nice 4 star hotel in Palma Nova. Travelling for 5 days at the end of May with hubby and grown up children aged 22 and 25. Thought of here as not too far from airport and son has been to Magaluf a few times and says it is quieter here but walking distance to some sort of nightlife for them. Also near the beach would be nice. Thanks.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 star in palma nova

Can highly recommend the Sol Cala Blanca - right on the seafront and not too long a walk into Magalluf if your younger family members want this. Some nice bars right by the hotel too.

Indoor pool should you hit bad weather.

www.solmelia.com

Belfast
Level Contributor
136 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 star in palma nova

Try the Sol Mirlos Hotel in Palma Nova. this is a clean modern hotel with good food and a handy location both to the beach and within walking distance of Magaluf

suffolk
Level Contributor
793 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 star in palma nova

Thanks for your replies. Wondered if these hotels will be too near Magaluf re noise problems as the children aren't to concerned about the night life (or so they say) Us oldies don't want to be kept awake at night.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 star in palma nova

I endorse casaianda's tip for Sol Cala Blanca.It is 4* and there aren't many 4* in Palma Nova.You defo won't be troubled by noise in the hotel or from outside.And you can walk out of the back door directly onto the sandy beach.It's not modern inside but if you can cope with 80s OTT style you will all do just fine.I have stayed at H Son Matias Beach and was most impressed especially by the evening entertainment.It is only 800m from Cala Blanca.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,555 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 star in palma nova

Sol Cala Blanca would be my tip.

Sol Mirlos Tordos is rated as 3 star although arguably it's a 3 star +. There's no noise problems associated with Magaluf and 24/7 partytime.

Don't be fooled by the rating of the hotel Palmanova Palace... it's rated as 4 star and it isn't IMO, that doesn't mean it's dirty or anything it's just only the same as the other 3 star hotels in the area IMO. It's also a little further from the beach than the others.

Son Matais also gets a lot of good reviews, although again, it's not rated as 4 star.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 star in palma nova

mark.I was interested to see in early October that H Son Matias now boasts 4* on its signage.It's on the roof with 1-2-3-4 stars so you can't miss it on the walk to Bar Welsh Mosquito for morning latte in Torrenova by the ferry point.It didn't use to be 4*.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,487 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 star in palma nova

I noticed Son Matius is showing 4 stars under its name at the top of the hotel sign. Thomsons food rating for the hotel is in the high nineties but have not stayed there myself.

There are numerous pictures of the resort Palma Nova showing the hotel's position on Majorcaforum.com

Edited: 10 November 2010, 15:03
Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,555 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 star in palma nova

Good spot Guys. Yozef has also recently returned and rates it highly, perhaps the stakes have been upped...?

suffolk
Level Contributor
793 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 star in palma nova

Thankyou for your replies. Have decided to book the sol cala blanca. Will now be looking for the cheapest taxi transfers. Thanks again.

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
874 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 star in palma nova

For your transfer try

http://www.galitransmallorca.com

there is a discount code for this company through

http://www.majorcaforum.com

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations