We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time to Majorca- no idea where to go?

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
132 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
First Time to Majorca- no idea where to go?

Hi

Looking at Viva Palma Nova Apartments - due to TA reviews- love self catering, eating out - 2 adults with 10 year son, want family friendly lively resort. Good Pool, good restaurants, safe beach.

Alcudia looks to quiet (i think). - Went to benidorm this year, stayed at Terralta (spanish side) and we only ate out at the old town.

Any advise / thoughts?

thanks

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time to Majorca- no idea where to go?

Assuming you mean Puerto Alcudia, then it is certainly not quiet. If you liked Benidorm then Palma Nova Magaluf should suit you. Also consider Santa Ponsa or Cala d'Or, along with Puerto Alcudia. All these are lively, mainly Brit-based resorts if this is what you want.

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
132 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time to Majorca- no idea where to go?

Ok - thats my problem - not sure where to go?

But did think since I liked Benidorm (out of season) I may like Palma Nova

Like nice beach front for walks of an evening, good restaurants, good pools

Like the appeal of short transfer to resort.

This time its 2 weeks in July - is there lots of hens/stags etc at Palma Nova

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time to Majorca- no idea where to go?

Brilliant advice from Peter.I reckon Palma Nova and Viva will suit you fine.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,551 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time to Majorca- no idea where to go?

Palmanova will tick all of your boxes. The hen/stag thing is mainly Magaluf, which is far enough away not to be a problem.

Check out Sol Mirlos Tordos hotel.

Northants
Level Contributor
117 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time to Majorca- no idea where to go?

Palm Nova certainly has a lovely beach front promenade. I'm not sure it has much in the way of good restaurants though. I've only ever visited on day trips and it seemed to have mostly British pie and chips type places. Can anybody confirm or deny this? If you like Benidorm though you will probably love Palma Nova.

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
132 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Time to Majorca- no idea where to go?

thanks everyone - i'm away to the northern end forums - I loved Benidorm but I never went to the new town hung about at the old town and stayed at the poniente end of town out of season.

Love the look of viva hotels but i can't just book on that..

7. Re: First Time to Majorca- no idea where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2011, 10:53
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations