We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do you still need to do API before you go to palma nova?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
8 reviews
do you still need to do API before you go to palma nova?

Hi booked my holiday with thomsons to palma nova going next week. i went to Turkey a couple of weeks ago and had to do an API (Additional Passenger Information) on the internet before i went. I am just wandering if i need to do it before i go to palma nova next week. any replys would be much appreciated, many thanks,

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,585 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: do you still need to do API before you go to palma nova?

Yes you have to complete each time you visit Spain.

Standish, United...
Level Contributor
543 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: do you still need to do API before you go to palma nova?

We have booked through Thomas Cook and it seems that only certain areas of Spain require API - unsure why this would be.

Thomas Cook assured me (face to face in their local agency) that API is NOT required for flights in and out of Palma.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
92 reviews
3. Re: do you still need to do API before you go to palma nova?

Hi,

You do need to supply API.

Its not just parts of Spain

It maybe the policy of Thomas Cook to take this at the time of check in but it will be taken.

With other airlines if you do not supply this information prior to check in you will be charged extra at check in or in the extreme refused to fly.

See this link

direct.gov.uk/en/…DG_176737

28SAC

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: do you still need to do API before you go to palma nova?

i went to magaluf in june with my family also went twice last year and i have never completed any forms.Went with Thomas cook and Thomsons

Level Contributor
751 posts
50 reviews
5. Re: do you still need to do API before you go to palma nova?

API will be either collected in advance when you book or check in on line or at the airport when you check in, there are no forms to fill.

API as been collected by the Spainish for a few years now, Turkey started collecting it this year and I am sure other countries will start to collect it in the near future.

england
Level Contributor
255 posts
51 reviews
6. Re: do you still need to do API before you go to palma nova?

Hi, just to second that and say in all the years i have been visiting Majorca i have never been asked to fill in any forms either.

Level Contributor
751 posts
50 reviews
7. Re: do you still need to do API before you go to palma nova?

If you have travelled on a charter airline you prob won`t have relised that they will have taken your API but they will have at check in. It consists of your name, dob and passport number

england
Level Contributor
255 posts
51 reviews
8. Re: do you still need to do API before you go to palma nova?

Ah, i understand now, had me wondering there, thanks for making that clear.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
92 reviews
9. Re: do you still need to do API before you go to palma nova?

Hi,

Thomas Cook now have a link on their web site to add API

It can be added up to 7 days before travel.

If you do not add it you can be denied boarding.

BMI baby will charge you £5 each passenger if you have not added it

You have to do it with Ryanair when you check in online, if you do not you can not print your boarding pass.

Other airlines just take the details from you when you show your passport at the check in desk.

28SAC

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: do you still need to do API before you go to palma nova?

Hi,

Every time i book with Eastjet i have to put into the computor the API details, i know it's a pain at times & they have my detail's on record but if i don't fill them in i don't fly.

best regards

45 mac

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations