We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what a safe place

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
5 reviews
what a safe place

hi,just been reading a few horror stories of muggings and beatings at other spanish resorts and it makes me realise how safe i feel when in palma nova/magaluf.have been to the island many,many times early,late and peak season and gotta say we have never seen any trouble at all.we love a good drink and have walked from maga to palma nova in the early hours after a heavy drinking session and have never ever been bothered at all,we feel safer in p nova/maga than we do back home in newport south wales.i should imagine a few ppol will disagree with this post but i'm sorry i gotta say that it is a great island/resort and have been many,many times and will continue visiting this lovely place.we all dream of winning the lottery and buying a place abroad,well palma nova would be my 1st choice.looking forward to april for our 2nd visit this year,and hopefully many more.i'm a regular reader of ta and just wanted to say thank you majorca,we don't praise you s much as we should.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: what a safe place

Hi Yosef...........

Even though you hear of the rare muggings in Magalluf

I have to say that you are right with your comments....

In a day and age where muggings etc.....seem a common place event(especially in Benidorm), it's nice to be able to walk the streets of Palma Nova and Magalluf in the early hours with the knowledge that it is safer than here at home in Manchester....

Hope you enjoy your trips this year,and I like you, hope to carry on making trips to one of my favourite islands in the future.............

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

SALTCOATS...
Level Contributor
188 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: what a safe place

Hi

A Great post and I totally agree.

Its a place I always feel safe.

Can't wait to go back!

5 weeks on Friday :o)

3. Re: what a safe place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 March 2009, 21:14
Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: what a safe place

What a refreshing change this post is, maybe youcould contact the BBC and tell them Mallorca is not as they normally portray it

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: what a safe place

Im glad to read your post yozef. I went to Benidorm last year and i was paranoid a lot of the time, due to things i had read about it. But i am going to Palma Nova for the first time this year and im looking forward to it :) Good to read about its safety.

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: what a safe place

WHITEHORSEPETER.i watched the first episode of the bbc programme and was saddened to see that they showed the island in such a bad way.i suppost they thought that showing the other beautiful side of majorca may have bored the viewers,such a shame i think.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
71 reviews
7. Re: what a safe place

great post yozef totally agree with it all .we do see the rare bit of trouble but very rare and i allways feel safe any time out here

moocher

berkshire
Level Contributor
190 posts
8. Re: what a safe place

i agree that palma nova is safe but i would say that i also go 2 benidorm regularly , and despite all comments bout it , i never seen any problems , i just think as long as u r careful anywhere u will have good time , after all there is crime everywhere

9. Re: what a safe place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 03:48
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations