We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation for family of 6

Manchester,UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Accommodation for family of 6

Hi, does anyone know of any decent accommodation in Palma Nova/magalluf that's big enough for a family of 6/ (Mum, Dad, 4kids). We've just come back from two weeks at the Santa Lucia where we had 2 interconnecting rooms. The hotel was lovely, fab location etc but the rooms were really small and we were in each other's way! We stayed at the Aquasol a couple of years ago but they don't have lifts. Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know what Palma Nova/Magalluf are like in February? I know it won't be baking hot but is it still OK for walking about etc? Are there many bars open at that time of year?

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
71 reviews
1. Re: Accommodation for family of 6

give feb a miss with family very very quiet and weather can be poor .try portanova,agau beach ,hawaii apartments ,cas sabboners,sol lunamar ,not sure if they have rooms for 6 but worth checking

ps magaluf a little busier in feb but not much we call it the blue rinse brigade season

Manchester,UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Accommodation for family of 6

Thanks for the suggestions. Have discovered that the Roc Portonova do rooms for 6 so that might be one to look at, only problem is that after reading reviews it seems that they have a bit of a security/theft problem going on there so will have to give that some thought. We've also been looking at the possibility of private rentals and have found a penthouse apartment in the Edificio Olivia that sleeps 6. Can't think where they are, have you heard of them?

We've decided to give Feb a miss, just wanted to cram in an extra holiday, but will definitely be returning to Palma Nova in august as long as we can find the right place to stay.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
71 reviews
3. Re: Accommodation for family of 6

i have a friend who lives in the olivia they are a residencio but ppl do let them they are 5 mins out of palma nova in a lovely place called son caliu look at the link i have put and it shows you where they are on the right of the map right where the s is of son caliu

http://www.magallufscene.com/map.html

its a nice little area but some ppl are put off by the olivia they are a bit dated from the outside so be warned .

good idea to give feb a miss too many ppl come out here out of season and are bitterly dissapointed by how quiet it is

hope this helps

if i can help anymore please just ask

Manchester,UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Accommodation for family of 6

Thank you so much for your quick response. I'm surprised to hear that the olivia apartments aren't as good as they sound. the website I looked at makes them sound fantastic with 6 bars, 5 restaurants, shops, swimming pool and solarium! I checked out the map you sent a link for, but I don't really know the Son Caliu area and I'm a bit worried these apartments might be a little out of the way.

Thanks again for being so helpful

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
71 reviews
5. Re: Accommodation for family of 6

the restaurants and 6 bars are in the street in front of the olivia and the majority of ppl live there its like a little expat community .its about 5 mins from palma nova by back streets the son caliu beach is rocky and you get into sea via a metal steps like on a pool also another very little beach and thats very small with no amenaties at all . the other beach has a couple of bars and restaurants also we use the hotel son caliu pool if we go on that beach its next to sea/beach i have a friend who i can pm you her email she has a house in palma nova she lets out

6. Re: Accommodation for family of 6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2008, 19:33
North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
71 reviews
7. Re: Accommodation for family of 6

i have sent you a pm via forum look top right of your page

8. Re: Accommodation for family of 6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 20:51
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations