We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel marina torrenova palmanova

dorset
1 post
Save Topic
hotel marina torrenova palmanova

We are due to stay at the above hotel next week can anyone pse give me some honest information about this hotel all we seem to find is bad reports about the food room size entertainment and how expensive the hotel/area is and stag/hen nights tks

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel marina torrenova palmanova

it is a lively hotel but its not in a dear area in fact lots of bargains to be had in palma nova/torrenova/magaluf i think people think prices are dearer but i believe its the low exchange rate that making people think its dearer

hope this helps

east yorkshire
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel marina torrenova palmanova

We have stayed at this hotel for the last three years. We love the hotel as it is really clean and the staff are lovely and really helpful and friendly.

Regarding the rooms, the standard rooms are small but you only wash and sleep in them really so they suffice. They have two beds pushed together to make a double and

a single camp bed which is the size of a single bed. If there are 4 people in the room they also use the sofa as it converts into a bed. there is not a great deal of walking space but the cases fit under the beds and there is plenty of space to put your clothes so we have not found the size to be a problem. The rooms are equipped with tv, fridge and a hair-dryer in the bathroom. If you happen to have booked a larger room for 5 or more people they are massive! There isn't a window in the bedroom of the larger rooms but the air conditioning is really good so this is not a problem.

as for noise we have never had a problem. The entertainment stops around 11.30 then the only noise we have ever heard is people walking and chatting in the corridors and their rooms. You can hear noise from other rooms but we have always found this to be the case when abroad so it has never bothered us and this hotel is certainly no worse than any where else for noise. There are no groups of lads or lasses hanging around as this is a family hotel so any noise is from families with kids.

Regarding prices- they are no more expensive than other bars we have been in around Palma Nova. Prices appear a little higher this year but this is mainly due to the poor exchange rate.

The food wasn't as good this year as the previous 2 years but we still found plenty to choose from. My only niggle was that the soups weren't very hot but no complaints about the breakfast what so ever.

What has let the hotel down this year was the Thomson Team. They were good with the children but very poor at entertaining the whole family on an evening. It was definitely the poorest I have ever seen from them

They did not deal with questions in the correct manner and seemed to be reading from a script rather than giving honest answers which we have never sampled before. One way to avoid this is to ask at reception rather than the reps as they are much more honest and tell you what you need to know. Jose is great, speaks excellent English and will sort out anything you ask.

It is such a shame that the hotel is getting bad reports as we have found the hotel, and staff, wonderful and feel that Thomson are letting them down badly this year.

Hope this helps.

If you have any specific questions just email me back

and I will help if you can.

3. Re: hotel marina torrenova palmanova

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 15:54
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations