I booked direct for a holiday in mid Maty 2019 and paid a 450 Eros deposit, advised. It would be returned in full less 33 % admin charge if a cancellation was received prior to 3 months of arrival date .
So in December I had to cancel via email due to unforeseen circumstances .
An automated reply came back saying the hotel was closed .to reopen in March ,
But what about my deposit I thought ?
So I rang but despite being told I was in a queue the line went dead .
Surely you would have thought someone would be attending to emails at some point even if the hotel itself is closed ?
Have the hotel the right to make me wait for my money until they reopen ?